helotr3vor

* Trevor's 2010 Audi A4 Trunk Build. Sundown. Fi. *

Ended up going with the 150a fuse I had lying around. Put it in late last night and got everything tight and snug. Last step is just plug the amp and fine tune the gains 2oho.gif

lol atleast they are replacing it :)

First of the parts express packages came today :). Includes the Vifa tweeters and Dayton 3" full range I will be using as center. Going to install later tonight once I get some connectors for the speakers.

RCHe8l.jpg

9lpXLl.jpg

RWGXAl.jpg

lqIr1l.jpg

0pr3Wl.jpg

LjJBQl.jpg

First of the parts express packages came today smile.png. Includes the Vifa tweeters and Dayton 3" full range I will be using as center. Going to install later tonight once I get some connectors for the speakers.

Get on it brother, it's hard to get shit done in chat :P

You are going to like the Dayton Audio driver :)

those daytons look nice :)

Yes the A4 does have a center. But it still takes some modification to get the Dayton 3" to squeeze in nicely.

Got quite a bit done once my speakers came in. I replaced all the dash speakers which are definitely the hardest to work on with the window being so close. Took a total of 5 hardware stops before I had everything I needed to complete the job. I replaced my center speaker with a Dayton 3" full range woofer and changed the two tweeters with the Vifa dual ring tweeters. For the tweeters I added about a foot of extra wire for if I decide to place the tweeters in the A-pillars later on. I fabricated speaker mounts out of a vinyl tile I got at home depot. The material actually worked out really well cause I had a wooden looking top for nice aesthetics while the bottom side was sticky so it wont budge at all when screwed in. For the center I had to modify the bottom under the speaker to get it to fit nicely. I also had to stack 3 layers of the vinyl tile to give it a little extra room. I made all the baffles by hand so it was tricky and took a while to get everything perfect. 60 grade sand paper helped me grind the center circle perfectly. Only got to listen to it for about 1 minute but it already blew my socks off. It sounded so much more natural and clean and im pretty sure It got even louder than the factory speakers. I have to test it out for a longer period of time and see how the factory amp responds. So far I'm very happy with the results. The Dayton 6" woofers don't come in till thursday but I wont be able to install those till I get my deadening material from SDS. Here they are :fro:

7WgOAl.jpg

OHcwzl.jpg

9KBGVl.jpg

e6Iecl.jpg

xyRY1l.jpg

AW99el.jpg

6L1PWl.jpg

Going to be running a sharpee over the silver screws. At the right angle and right light you can see them shine through. Easy fix though :)

They Dayton 6" woofers came in today! Took a few pics. Cant install them for about a week so they are just going to sit and tease me.

sM9pFl.jpg

UQ5y1l.jpg

EjLuHl.jpg

z0P3Xl.jpg

Those 6" Daytons look bad @$$. You have a link for them?

I bet they sound nice, I would just be afraid to give them too much power. At least they are cheap if you do. Are you using the factory amp for your highs? I can't remember if this was discussed.

I bet they sound nice, I would just be afraid to give them too much power. At least they are cheap if you do. Are you using the factory amp for your highs? I can't remember if this was discussed.

Yeah factory amp is powering all the front stage speakers. It gives them about 20w each but it gets decently loud. I'm excited to see what these 6" can do.

Yeah, as long as you keep the power clean you should be good. I am probably going to be running the new Sundown 125.4 when I get back from Korea, so I don't think they would work in my build. Also I think I will need to be upgrading my sub stage when I get back from Korea as well. SAX1200D + 2xSA-10D4 in a PWK enclosure blends well with my factory system. With an upgraded front stage, I am going to have to step up to like 2K, and 2 12s.

nice. how much did you pay for the 10 a4, and how many miles did it have on it? im looking at getting one also but not sure which one i should go with considering mileage and price

nice. how much did you pay for the 10 a4, and how many miles did it have on it? im looking at getting one also but not sure which one i should go with considering mileage and price

I got a fairly good price for it imo. I traded in a 07 Jeep Wrangler for it but the Audi itself with 25k miles on it was $24,500. Every now and then you can find some great deals.

I got a fairly good price for it imo. I traded in a 07 Jeep Wrangler for it but the Audi itself with 25k miles on it was $24,500. Every now and then you can find some great deals.

oh nice. that is pretty good. did u pay for it in total or just put a lot down to get a low monthly payment?

oh nice. that is pretty good. did u pay for it in total or just put a lot down to get a low monthly payment?

getting it financed with bad credit after trading in the jeep. Paying monthy

getting it financed with bad credit after trading in the jeep. Paying monthy

good deal. thats what i would be doing also. im saving up to put at least $12-$15,000 down so my monthly payment will be around $100-130 depending on what i end up getting. i hate paying monthly but im too impatient to wait and pay all of it upfront.

Getting two shipments in tomorrow from UPS. Think you might be able to guess the second one?

First video for the log. Nothing special...

Couple pictures of the new sub next to the Dayton 6" and my SDS deadening products. One small sheet of MLV/CCF will be enough for the two front doors with about 8"x34" extra to add in the trunk.

I9WCIl.jpg

pysSsl.jpg

g1lQWl.jpg

8xFxal.jpg

KNdaxl.jpg

zsTVEl.jpg

XI3Fcl.jpg