Joe Chen

SP4 Box Design

What size woofer? I see you only have 45 in^2 of port area, thats not enough for a 15 or 18.

Agreed I'd assume it is a 15 but either way not enough port area.

I made this box not too long ago. Does it look fine to you guys?

28527676.png

boxtop.png

boxstats.png

can you do a sketch for me ?

Sketch?

yea i need a box design im getting 2 sp4 18s for my 2005 jeep grand cherokee i want a ported box tuned at 32Hz 12 cubic feet

Sketch?

yea i need a box design im getting 2 sp4 18s for my 2005 jeep grand cherokee i want a ported box tuned at 32Hz 12 cubic feet

Contact RAM Designs... He does the designs + sketch + cut sheets

Yeah, unless you wanted a super quick sketch of a basic box, then I think it's best to go to a pro..

im thinking subs facing UP and the PORT pointed to the rear / facing back

What do you want your dimensions to be? Any specific bracing that you might want?

from TOP to BOTTOM 21 inches and from SIDE to SIDE 43 inches and from FRONT to BACK 30 inches how many CUBIC FEET is that ???

What do you want your dimensions to be? Any specific bracing that you might want?

from TOP to BOTTOM 21 inches and from SIDE to SIDE 43 inches and from FRONT to BACK 30 inches how many CUBIC FEET is that ???

13 cu ft.

13 cu ft.

wow thats perfect for 2 sp4 18s im thinking ported center port or middle port not the 1 in the bottom and subs facing UP

Double baffle?

Edit: I honestly don't know if this is bad or just fine. But with the addition of the port, I managed to give your subs 5.5 cubes each, and your port is tuned to like 34 hz. If we add like 3 inches to your height, that'll solve the problem. How's this look?

35773246.png

Edited by Joe Chen

Double baffle?

does it have to be double baffle ??? or can i do 3/4 MDF all around and 1 inch instead of double baffle ??? and can it be 3/4 MDF ????? or it has to be 1 inch MDF since i drive a V6 weight is a little issue but dont wanna risk taking too much off the box either im still new to the box thing ill leave it to you and thanks i really appreciated alot

my bad im confusing you i meant to say can it be 3/4 MDF all around and 1 inch MDF instead of the double baffle where the subs cut out ????? or all 1 inch MDF would be better

Double baffle is strongly recommended. And if your worried about weight, you can use birch plywood, its stronger and lighter

Double baffle is strongly recommended. And if your worried about weight, you can use birch plywood, its stronger and lighter

birch is almost twice the price of MDF right???

not but usually 10 bucks more or so a sheet

not but usually 10 bucks more or so a sheet

damn i hope so i dont mind 10 or 15 more but for what it does well worth it can i dont have money to upgrade the brake pads & rotors or even add a k&n cold air intake for the extra horse power i still need my dc power ALT 270xp thats $629 then the 2 xs power d3100 and the box thats like $1300 or more lol

I've got an idea.... why not just place the port on bottom of the backside. That'll let us place the subs nicely on top.

I've got an idea.... why not just place the port on bottom of the backside. That'll let us place the subs nicely on top.

i wanted to put 2 batteries there and plus if we use your idea there batteries are going to block the port

Got it. You don't mind if I make it longer? The subs will fit diagonally, as I'm designing it, but they wont fit unless I get it a bit wider..

asdaqn.png

thanks alot that box looks better than what i have in mind