Sign in to follow this  
Midwestrider

Which model - Sealed 15" - 2 to 2.5 cf^3

Hi SSA,

Currently in the market for a 15" sub that works best in sealed, airspace is 2.0 to 2.5 cf^3. Power for use is 750W on low-end to 1800W on high-end. Music preference is a mix of r&b, rock and some rap when the mood strikes. This will be in a crew cab truck, orginally I was looking at a quad setup for 8's or a single 12 but decided to look at going with the biggest driver I can fit.

Feedback from users of the ICON and XCON would be great.

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

MW

XCON or ICON

XCON or ICON

Shogen - Is this an answer or a question? If a question, I'm looking at the offered 15" from either line. Difference I see on paper is XCON handles more power and a slightly bigger box spec. Let me state my question in the manner, cost aside what would make someone opt for the XCON over the ICON or vice versa.

XCON or ICON

Shogen - Is this an answer or a question? If a question, I'm looking at the offered 15" from either line. Difference I see on paper is XCON handles more power and a slightly bigger box spec. Let me state my question in the manner, cost aside what would make someone opt for the XCON over the ICON or vice versa.

It was a suggestion. I've experience with both. The Xcon in my opinion gets louder off of the same wattage. I don't have any meters, just to my ear. As far as sound, they both sound amazing! The only other brand I'd honestly look to is Fi. That's just me. Their Q or SSD are great options.

If you are going sealed and have the option of bigger power, consider the Xcon. Yes, it is fantastic ported, but the overall performance is very balanced and composed sealed regardless of power input.

can't comment on SSA subs, but a diamond audio D6 15 on low power or hex pro 15 on high power, each box would be fine

I want an xcon

If you are going sealed and have the option of bigger power, consider the Xcon. Yes, it is fantastic ported, but the overall performance is very balanced and composed sealed regardless of power input.

Aaron, Thanks for you input!