Sign in to follow this  
Notorious97200

Need an alt for a VW Golf

Hello,

A friend of mine needs an alternator for his Vw Golf (not a GTI, only a diesel GT).

He wants to be sure your product will fit. they told him his car have the same alt than the GTI's. But you may know more !

He's running +4500 watts rms on several Optima batteries. He told me he found something on your site, and wants to know how can he buy from you. How and if you deliver in our little island in the Caribbeans ?!!! We are in MARTINIQUE (French West Indies).

We would like to hear from you before we order anything.

typically a diesel will have a bigger alt .. VW fits 120 and 140 Amp alts on the 1.9 and 2.0 TDI's ... they are indeed interchangable with the alts on the petrol engines , ,

We're ready to order.

Just a few more questions :

1) Will a 270 alt be enough for 5500 w rms of power on 3 Optima yellow (the biggest ones).

2) Are those alts in stock now ? If not, how long for the wait ?

I'd like an answer from Mechman :)

The units are built to order, at this time it will take 5-7 business days to produce from the time of payment.

You may need more battery than that, it all depends on the play conditions.

thanks.

I will take a look at your site to see how to order.

I've just sent you an e mail at eric@mechman.com with all the info.

Just got to your email, I will respond shortly.

Still waiting desperately !

Hope it won't be as hard/long to get the alt once ordered !

The money is waiting for you, and the VW owner did not start to look elsewhere for an alternator. But he is worried. Hopefully he knows it's not my fault.

TAKE CARE OF ME PLEEEEAAAASE !

I have been out of the office. For faster response please email eric@mechman.com.

Waiting for my alt ! everything is paid by Paypal for weeks now. But I have no news at all.

You told me it would take a week t built : should be ready now ?

Can you tell me more please ?

Fwi if they don't deliver direct to martinque you should contact Crono post St mArtin they have plane and boats coming in several times a week and they'll send it to you I paid 20$ for my dc 270xp from Miami to sxm

Yes they deliver to Martinique. Shipping and alt are already & totally paid.

It's for a friend of mine, I don't drive a Golf but a Toyota (difficult to have an alt for my car).

You can have fantastic deals on shipping in SXM !

I will study that because I have a friend working in an airline company , and they have several flights coming to us everyday from St Martin (GrandCase). That can be a good solution for my next purchase !

I may comme for a little holiday in August in SXm. I'll let you know, so maybe we can meet.

Cool man

I forgot about this topic.

We received the alt. I was waiting for a shipping number and receive the beast !!!

installed it and...it broke a few minutes later : the "ears"broke. Defective case acording to Mechman. and they told us they would send us a new alt quickly.

But the Golf owner made some welding and fixed everything. He did not want to send back the alt. Everything works great now.

I can tell you Mechman was (and still is) very helpfull with all our questions. They're still waiting for pics of the alt because we wanted to have some more informations.

We're still wondering if we need an external regulator, because my friend is afraid of the 15.5 volts on his Optima batteries !!!

I even made another friend buy a Mechman alt for his car : but this new one will be a standard alternator; he will have to make some mods to install it in his car (an OPEL Astra).

Just FYI : the $ is very high these days, so it is not very interesting for us, Euro(€) users, to buy from the USA.

I will have to wait for my next purchases !!