Shogen

Future Fi Owner, possibly change up

Sooo.. I've have my Xcon for quite some time now and I love it. I'm hoping to save some monies up by summer time to order some SSD's .That's right I want to go dual. .

I have had experience with sealed and ported which were great.

So here's the question:

Which would be louder, 2-12" SSD sealed or 2-10" SSD ported?

Power:

Crescendo Audio bc3500d @ 2 ohms. Which produces about 1800w on the top end.

I just sold two ssd 12's which I ran ported.

My set up got pretty nutty for two 12's and maybe the guy who bought them will chime in and tell you what he thinks.

I just sold two ssd 12's which I ran ported.

My set up got pretty nutty for two 12's and maybe the guy who bought them will chime in and tell you what he thinks.

Nice!

Tuned in!

I am also switching to 2 SSD's and will be running mine of a saz1500 for the time being. Look forward to hearing how yours turns out

Going to be impossible to say which setup will be louder.

Look at the differences between sealed and ported and choose the setup that best fits your needs.

Ive always read the "3db" pushed around but I remember my Icon ported moving alot more in my car(vibration) than my Xcon does right now. But I feel the Xcon sounds louder? Does that make sense?

So I was hoping to stay sealed and go for more cone area without having a bigger enclosure. You feel me?

I know when I ported my SA's it was totally and completely different. It was so much louder I had to double check to make sure the gain didn't get cranked up or something silly like that.

Just my experience! :)

I would find a way to port the 12's... :P

Ive always read the "3db" pushed around but I remember my Icon ported moving alot more in my car(vibration) than my Xcon does right now. But I feel the Xcon sounds louder? Does that make sense?

So I was hoping to stay sealed and go for more cone area without having a bigger enclosure. You feel me?

I couldn't hep but chuckle at this as I feel the same with my Icon vs Zcon. But on topic, I would ported, the theory is that ported will offer more output, although thats just on paper, still worth a shot, maybe you could try both, maybe buy 2 sheets of mdf, and see what you think.

I know when I ported my SA's it was totally and completely different. It was so much louder I had to double check to make sure the gain didn't get cranked up or something silly like that.

Just my experience! smile.png

I would find a way to port the 12's... tongue.png

This...sealed to ported is like holyshitfuckwhathappened!?!? Can you port the Xcon before you decide to switch out subs?

Just my experience! smile.png

I would find a way to port the 12's... tongue.png

This...sealed to ported is like holyshitfuckwhathappened!?!? Can you port the Xcon before you decide to switch out subs?

LOL... I guess I could which was a plan earlier. But I don't know what changed my mind. Lol

The difference between the Icon ported & Xcon sealed likely has to do with differences in FR. Xcon probably gets louder over a different bandwidth than the Icon ported, or atleast isn't as peaky so it sounds louder overall.

As for the SSD's - load them into an enclosure program with your desired enclosures and power, see which results better fit your goals. It's not perfect, but it will give you a general idea of the potential differences. Chances are the 10" ported SSD's will peak higher over a narrow bandwidth but the 12" sealed will have more overall output outside of that bandwidth. Just a guess.

Port the XCON and go from there. Just my .02

Port the XCON and go from there. Just my .02

Ok...

10s ported.

And he will never live this down...

His loudest install ever.. Something i will never forget.

Port that Xcon, and you'll forget about the SSDs !

You'll be amazed.

One day I will try 2 10" ported, like 2 Xcons or 2 Fi BL.