swift

Swift's 2 18in FI SP4s in 07 F250 HD

This may be a build log so no sense making multible threads.

I am itching to do something different and go bigger.

For those that dont know, I currently have a 15in Q on a SAZ1500v.2 in a box I designed and built that is a rear center console in my truck. It hammers the lows and the output is simply amazing for only one 15

here is my truck

Leetruck-1-1.jpg

Here is the current full list

Power and wiring

Big 3 done and all 1/0 KNU OFC

2 Optima Red tops, gonna add a 3rd

*Monster Cable... Slim battery terminals

Stock alt (for now if it holds voltage up)

*Tsunami main fuse holder up front and distribution fuse box for back.

*Kicker ground block

*KNU 10 gauge speaker wire for sub, 16 gauge for speakers

RF rca's, etc

Head Unit

Alpine IVA-W200

NVE-N872A

KCA-100BT

Sub, box and amp

*one 15in FI Q, cooling option and extra spider

*3.65cu ported console box tuned to 29hz

*Sundown SAZ 1500D v.2

Speakers and amp

Rockford T-2652s Components up front

Alpine Type R 5x7 rears

Alpine PDX 4.150 (love this amp)

Here is the current box

3.65 tuned at 29hz.

IMG_4379.jpg

console.jpg

IMG00595-20110203-0859.jpg

Here is my current amp setup install and space to work with (maybe)

IMG_4336.jpg

Now here is what I am thinking so chime in with your suggestions as nothing is set in stone yet.

Switching out the Q and buying a FI SP4 15 to go in my current box and either add another 1500v.2 or just buy a 3000d or something similar. I am not sure how much of an increase in output I will gain but the SP4 looks like it would work great with my current box and tuning.

OR go big with alot of cone area.

I have sorta been itching to take both rear seats out and doing two 18in SSD's in about 16 cu ft tuned to maybe 32 and running those both off of the 1500v.2. If down the road I want more output than that (I cant imagine so) I could just get a larger amp.

I am not totally against other subs but I have been very impressed with my current FI so I dont hink I could go wrong there. Maybe some ICON 18's? If I do 18's I will add a second set of Components up front.

Goals are low, loud, clear.

Music is Rap and Rock

Edited by swift

That truck is SLICK...

If I were you, I'd probably add another 15in Q since you like the way it sounds. But I understand the Itch to try something new.

That truck is SLICK...

If I were you, I'd probably add another 15in Q since you like the way it sounds. But I understand the Itch to try something new.

Thanks, if I go through the trouble of taking seats out then I will just do two 18's. Since these others are doing 4 15's I will try something different. Wish I had the space for 2 21's but I don't think 15-17 cubes is enough

Are you looking for sq or spl?

The first option would be a great way to compare woofers with each other. I doubt you would gain much "loudness". Obviously you are going to gain a lot of volume with your second option. It all depends on if you are willing to lose your back seats.

Low loud and clean

Max dimensions are 32h x 50w x 27d, port will be either 5-6in wide tuning will be 30-33ish.... I will have to remove the door to get the enclosed in. Don't want to build in truck.

I am in my truck alone 90% of the time, when we all go somewhere we take the Escalade.

Edited by swift

Ok. If I go 52in wide and use 1in mdf, double baffle. Port 8in x 30in I get 16.5 cubes tuned to 30hz after displacement and bracing.

Dimensions will be 32h x 52w x 27d.....240 sqin of port for 14.5 per cube. Might be on to something here...... Which sub fits this bill the best? SSD's? ICON,s?

ill say FI 15 btl n2

I would say do the 2 18"s! With 18^2 of port per cube. :)

I would say do the 2 18"s! With 18^2 of port per cube. :)

I don't know how to get that unless I make the box 54in wide and port 10x30 holy chit!!

52 is about as wide as I can go. Leaves me about 4in on each side for amp placement

Don't let what others are doing discourage you from doing what seems to works. I would have to say, 4 15's Icons would do quite nicely, Or since you already have the q, just add three more and boom, /fixed.

I had Qs and old school icons in my truck back before the baby. I say a couple icons or a single zcon on same power. I'm a big fan of mine.

wow love the truck !!

i would say 2 18s or 4 15s...

and i would stick with Fi as well... i love my BTL N2s ...

im tuned in to see more :popcorn:

A single 15" BTL N2 (or an SP4) on a single 2500-3500 w amp would slam and give you way more output than now ! Maybe you can try a higher tuning to save room and have more ... punch.

My N2 is in a box tune to 34 Hz and I love it !!! The SP4 seems soooo big ! It will eat up a lot of space in your box.

Keep the back seats, you never know who you can meet on the road !!!!!

Like others have said it all depends on if you want that back seat out. I love my 18's, id imagine the Icon 18's would slam too ;)

Looks like I will either try a SP4 15 or may stick with with the Q line and do two 18's in my design of 16.5cu at 30hz. I love me some lows.

May be much less wait time on the Q's also

After much thought I have just ordered two loaded 18in FI Q's. Also have one of Sirlancelot's Crunch GP3000D-pro's coming.

Gonna start on the build next week. Shits getting serious...LOL

Based on my last Q I cant imagine how two 18's will sound in a truck that peaks around 30hz..

After much thought I have just ordered two loaded 18in FI Q's. Also have one of Sirlancelot's Crunch GP3000D-pro's coming. Gonna start on the build next week. Shits getting serious...LOL Based on my last Q I cant imagine how two 18's will sound in a truck that peaks around 30hz..

:woot:

very nice. ive heard those crunch 3000s put out good power :)

good choice going with Fi as well <3

I wonder how the q's would do in a blow through application. My truck would be perfect for one because I have two rear bucket seats and about 15 in between them. I may go ahead with the wall first and see how bad I miss my rear seats

OK so here is the final design and what I am going with. I had great luck with sub forward and port to driver side so I will try subs up, port to driver side with this one. I know this wouldnt be the loudest on a meter but this is not meant to be. I could go subs forward with this design also but have heard people had great results sub up port to side

14.4cu tuned at 29hz

photo.jpg

I will start the floor and probably box this weekend. next update will have photos.

looking forward to the pics :)

So with subs up this will only leave roughly 6in between the sub face and roof.... Anyone see a issue with this? There will be roughly 10 inches on each side of the box. Port will be loading off the rear door, or trying to open it..lol

Well thinking about it I would not be able to remove subs without taking the box out, so subs forward it will have to be.

Edited by swift

love the layout of this build. Can just imagine sitting in the back seat driving down the road in this truck with the best arm rest ever. haha, looks great.

love the layout of this build. Can just imagine sitting in the back seat driving down the road in this truck with the best arm rest ever. haha, looks great.

It was very nice, keeping the box just so I can go back to it when I get tired of the 18's

A Gcon will go back in more than likely.