swift

Swift's 2 18in FI SP4s in 07 F250 HD

6" of room should be fine.

Nice looking truck! This should be loud!

Ok well after numerous designs I have settled on 13.5cu tuned at 30hz, I want to be able to throw close to full power at them. The design I came up with above I felt like one sub would unload into the port, this new design is pretty straight forward. Will be about 4in above window line bringing the height down with subs forward port up on drivers side. I have the floor in and will start on enclosure tonight or tomorrow. Also gonna resin the inside of box, all double 3/4. Sorry for the slow progress. Hopefully I will have some photos up soon.

Well, after getting my MDF home and starting making cuts, bent my blade, dropped full sheet and cracked it, and garage covered in dust.

Got pissed and said screw it. It was gonna be too heavy anyway.

So I started over and picked up 5 sheets of 13 ply Russian Baltic Birch.

wood.jpg

Cuts like butter

wood1.jpg

All cuts done. I will assemble it tomorrow and start the resin on the inside.

wood2.jpg

Finally making some progress. I guess the good thing is I have plenty of fresh MDF here for the next few builds for people, LOL.

Edited by swift

Get to work! Cuts look great. Quick question: how far is that port going to be from the wall/drivers side?

Subs forward, port up on drivers side. I dropped box height and went length of truck. Should be nasty

Thinking about the build when I get home, Afuente for the ride

meeeee.jpg

Lets make some circles

18senclosure.jpg

Clamp and predrill

18senclosure3.jpg

plenty adhesive

18senclosure2.jpg

Spread and screw back together, no board slap here

18senclosure1JPG.jpg

Got bracing, LOL

18senclosure4.jpg

Partially assembled

18senclosure5.jpg

bracing, and 45's

18senclosure7.jpg

18senclosure6.jpg

Im done for tonight, tomorrow I will start the resin although its not really needed. (all cuts are damn near perfect)

But i figure it cant hurt. I know one thing. This mofo is huge and heavy as hell!

If someone can tell me how to edit my title?

Edited by swift

Ended up at 14.2cu tuned at 31hz. Turned out awesome, will post pics this afternoon. Now time to finish the floor of truck and amp placement

great work, keep it up.

18senclosure8.jpg

18senclosure12.jpg

18senclosure9.jpg

18senclosure10.jpg

18senclosure13.jpg

18senclosure11.jpg

This this being completely doubled layered and braced like a log home is really stout. I made the brace depth deep enough to put SP4's or any other deep style sub down the road if needed. I decided not to resin the inside. Too much work for a daily box and this thing is really square and air tight so I figured no need.

I will first carpet it all black then maybe do some leather accenting on it to give it a flush mount look. I wanted 2 full layers to mount the sub to. Gonna order some aluminum all thread for terminals. Gonna take a few days to finish the cab of the truck and hopefully next week the subs will ship from FI.

Looks great!

Good thing you didnt make it out mdf or you would need a fork lift to move it.

Got the false floor done last night. The uncovered portion will be covered by the box so I didnt waste carpet.

The front panel has 4 screws that hold it on so I can access wiring. Amps will be placed on front top side after the box is put is. Will make for easy adjustments and should look decent.

Falsefloor.jpg

Falsefloor2.jpg

So I have gotten bored looking at the box in garage waiting on the subs and decided to resin all corners and seams and maybe all inside just for the hell of it. Well this has created a nightmare, 90% is hard as a rock but the corners in some places will not completely harden and are still tacky after 2 days. I have read leave it alone and it will eventually harden but the is BS. I don't know whether to scrape or try to sand it down bare again or what. I tried another layer last night with a little more hardener but same thing. Tacky in some spots, I am regretting even doing it now. After over 300 bucks in just wood I don't want to screw it up. I think it's not hardening were the liquid nails sealed the corners.

Any ideas?

Edited by swift

I never noticed the updated pics, looks great!

Little progress here.

Finished sanding down all resin on box, entire inside is smooth now. Got the carpet done, not real concerned with seems on sides because leather beauty panels will cover sides and front. I will probably use velcro for those.

Sorry for shitty photos, everything will clean up much better when done.

Here is finish box ready to go in

box5.jpg

Took 3 of us to get the box in place after we had to completely remove the rear door from hinges, lol

5/16 terminals on side

box2.jpg

Box-1.jpg

Port clearance on pass side

box3.jpg

Amps and ANL distro Block will be mounted in front of box, \

box4.jpg

Subs finally shipped from FI and are on the way. Gonna do the leather panels tomorrow.

I will get everything wired up and mounted this weekend a so all I have to do is drop the subs in when they get here.

Nice build.biggrin.png

great work, now throw those subs in there!

Looking great man!

Thanks a lot, subs get here tomorrow so I will post up some finished pics. It's gonna

looks great with the padded leather panels in but my wife has taken over garage for a week for a yard sale next weekend. so those will have to wait till after, lol. Still got to install my Mechman 270 and 3k but will get the subs broke in on the 1500 for a week or so

Come on man....UPDATES!!

Build is lookin really good ;)

Sorry,

Subs did get here today. Both subs basically flopping about loose in box. One magnet has slight crack. After spending 800 on 2 subs you would think they would halfway try to protect them better. Guess that is special just for BTL's or SP4's. Doesnt seem to have any negative side affect I guess.

Anyway, The shit is loud and sounds great! I normally cut the holes a hair small just so its a snug fit but I had to break out the sander and take away alittle more so freakin saw dust got everywhere. And its hard to get out of black carpet. After maybe a hour total play time I think I need to tighten both rear doors now, lol. I can now hear them squeeking when the music is off just riding now. Wasnt that way yesterday.

I will get her cleaned up and try to get some pics and maybe a video. For only 1500watts its impressive. I am gonna try to install the Mechman tomorrow and get the Crunch put in. My voltage is dropping to the high 11's right now. But I do have my volt meter reading from the + on the amp so I am getting real time amp numbers. Seems to be about .3 difference from the volt meter hooked up front. As I expected the Q's in the box are flat hammering the lows with much authority!! Subs just arent moving much being stiff and low watts.

:)

Got the Mechman 270 installed and also the Crunch 3k. Its much much louder with this amp and the alt is very good at holding the volts were I want. I still have 2 XS D3400's coming to go under the hood to replace the Optima red tops.

Here are some 95% done pics. Only thing left to do is put in the leather beauty panels on the box. But overall I am very happy with how everything turned out.

photo4-1.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

Subs are getting broke in some, seems alittle louder each day. The responses from demos are funny, not sure what it would meter but it seems to peak around 30ish and is loud as piss. I am really happy with these subs! Beauty panels are almost done and should add a nice touch to it. I will try to get some videos up soon.