swift

Swift's 2 18in FI SP4s in 07 F250 HD

Thanks guys!!!

I may try to make the drive, where is it?

Indiana

Damn Senchez, could you be any more vague? I will google when and where exactly it is I guess. LOL

On another note for fun I did some measurements and quick design and have the perfect space for 3 18's walled off. It would be 19 cubes tuned at 30 after all displacement with 228in of port. 3 subs across bottom port across top. May place my order soon.........

already want more huh :P

Wall FTW

Will be nice to see another well built wall.

Even if I did it now and ran the 5500 at .67 ohms until I could add another 5500 I think it would still be loud as hell. Well, my wife may shoot me if I bought another 5500 right now too. Lol

The box could even be built outside the truck and put in when complete. All I would have to do is add a beauty panel when done. This would keep my same false floor, amp location and really not change much other than not being able to look out back window. The back doors and back window are taken a complete beating right now and the wall may actually help that?

Thanks guys!!!

I may try to make the drive, where is it?

Indiana

Damn Senchez, could you be any more vague? I will google when and where exactly it is I guess. LOL

On another note for fun I did some measurements and quick design and have the perfect space for 3 18's walled off. It would be 19 cubes tuned at 30 after all displacement with 228in of port. 3 subs across bottom port across top. May place my order soon.........

You are going to want a lot more port area for three 18s.

Well, actually it ended up at 247.5 in of port. Being tuned low I think this would work well.....

If I made the port 45 x 6 across top that would be 270in of port and would bring the tune up to 31....... Either way would work well probably.

Edited by swift

Well, actually it ended up at 247.5 in of port. Being tuned low I think this would work well.....

If I made the port 45 x 6 across top that would be 270in of port and would bring the tune up to 31....... Either way would work well probably.

I was thinking at least 300+ with the Xmax of those drivers. What is the Xmax of the Q? Either way I'd model it before it was built.

Xmax is 33 on these 29 on Q's. I don't want a real narrow band. I have never used a modeling program, wouldn't know where to begin honestly.

Finals are @ the Indianapolis fairgrounds.....unsure of address.

Already moving up to 3 in a rebuild.....the addiction never ends!!!

Even if I did it now and ran the 5500 at .67 ohms until I could add another 5500 I think it would still be loud as hell. Well, my wife may shoot me if I bought another 5500 right now too. Lol

The box could even be built outside the truck and put in when complete. All I would have to do is add a beauty panel when done. This would keep my same false floor, amp location and really not change much other than not being able to look out back window. The back doors and back window are taken a complete beating right now and the wall may actually help that?

it will help if you completely seal it off from the rear....you might have to brace the roof though lol

and 250in^2 should be good for the port smile.png

Edited by 16K

Nice build log and install, looking forward to the updates.Hope to see you in indy

Well got to do alittle more testing today. It has a flat response which I love!

Today the truck did 149.7 at 35hz but did 149.4 at 30hz. I think if I had burped it at 30hz last weekend when it did a 150.4 I would have done a 150 at 30hz. This is all

Meca style meter at the headrest. After hearing several vehicles over the last two weeks that meter higher than me just confirms that to the ear and the meter mean two different things. These Sp4's are just what I expected and sound amazing.

Your port is on the passenger side, isn't it? If the meter is in the passenger seat no wonder it meters lower. And I agree, aim for 250-300 in^2 of port and tune it 31-32. You'll gain a little bit of extra output without sacrificing much of the low end.

Your port is on the passenger side, isn't it? If the meter is in the passenger seat no wonder it meters lower. And I agree, aim for 250-300 in^2 of port and tune it 31-32. You'll gain a little bit of extra output without sacrificing much of the low end.

Port on pass side facing up right now. I will be aiming for the same type response on the next build with 3 of them just more of it. :). The new build looks like would have 270in port tuned at 31. But until then I am very happy the way she is

Have to love an install where the door has to come off. ;)