Sign in to follow this  
aBrokeNinja91

Build for my uncles 2010 Camry

i did this a few weeks ago for my uncle and finally decided to upload it. ENJOY!! smile.png

2012-02-20211224.jpg

d2 JL W6, and Slash v1 500/1 and 300/4. this stuff is like more than 5 years old, but still slams.... continue

2012-02-22134725.jpg

a few cuts and a smoke break

2012-02-22160842.jpg

nice fit, and he still has access to the the spare... which he didn't in his old car

2012-02-24072937.jpg

subs in, plexi in... plz dont hate on the plexi cut, home depot and lowes wont cut 1/2in plexi,.. so in went the router... everything fits perfectly

2012-02-27140746.jpg

some carpet and neons, showed him and then he wanted to amp the door speakers... i refused to do it unless he got at least some comps for the front.

2012-02-28132311.jpg

upon removing the radio for the first time. i found this and a navigation box that didn't work, it lit up and all but didn't work so i took it out. also i used a stinger LOC before this on the rear 6x9s before he wanted the 300/4, also i found out he had preamps on his stock POS headunit. 4 volts front and rear, 2 volts sub FTW!!

2012-03-01190824.jpg

Rockford T1 components... they said it wouldn't fit HAA!!

2012-03-01174405.jpg

it fit like a glove

2012-03-01203540.jpg

stock tweeter location, a little bright for my taste, but whatevs

2012-03-02142312.jpg

two more neons on under the rear deck and voila!!

looks good!

post a vid :)

i will soon, i let him borrow my ipod since i hooked up a cable for it in his car and that is the only camera i have :( .... but would it be better to create a youtube account to upload it or can i use the photobucket video?? i just made an account on the bucket and i think i saw a video upload link. but i dont know which have better quallity or if it would even matter..

How are the mid range and mid bass on those t1's, are u running them bi amped or 1 amp?

How are the mid range and mid bass on those t1's, are u running them bi amped or 1 amp?

funny thing is ive only been doing car audio since around october last year towards the end of the school semester, so i can't say if it sounds good or not. i mean it sounds good to me but to some of the more experienced people who have been around audio longer may say that it sounds like garbage.

but all noobness aside it definetely sounds good, the tweeter are a little bright for me but my uncle likes it. as for the midbass i think it may need to loosen up a bit. the first piece of equipmetn i got for my car was a set of polks for my door since i went crazy with the bass setting on the HU and blew the surround off, and polks sounded like crap when first i got it.. but about a month later i cranked it up and was like F*** YEAH!!! then i got subs.

as for the wiring, i didn't really look into bi-amp until after i gave the car back to him, but i def wouldve gone that route instead of amping his stock rear 6x9s and turning the gain down on it.

and mid-range im going to assume you mean the vocals... it sounds good, you can clearly hear it over the bass.

i apologize for my noobness

i will soon, i let him borrow my ipod since i hooked up a cable for it in his car and that is the only camera i have sad.png .... but would it be better to create a youtube account to upload it or can i use the photobucket video?? i just made an account on the bucket and i think i saw a video upload link. but i dont know which have better quallity or if it would even matter..

i see... either will work. :)

funny thing is ive only been doing car audio since around october last year towards the end of the school semester, so i can't say if it sounds good or not. i mean it sounds good to me but to some of the more experienced people who have been around audio longer may say that it sounds like garbage.

but all noobness aside it definetely sounds good, the tweeter are a little bright for me but my uncle likes it. as for the midbass i think it may need to loosen up a bit. the first piece of equipmetn i got for my car was a set of polks for my door since i went crazy with the bass setting on the HU and blew the surround off, and polks sounded like crap when first i got it.. but about a month later i cranked it up and was like F*** YEAH!!! then i got subs.

as for the wiring, i didn't really look into bi-amp until after i gave the car back to him, but i def wouldve gone that route instead of amping his stock rear 6x9s and turning the gain down on it.

and mid-range im going to assume you mean the vocals... it sounds good, you can clearly hear it over the bass.

i apologize for my noobness

Thanks for the input, it's good to hear opinions from as much people you can.

Yeah, if you go the bi amp route, it allows you the flexibility of turning the gain down on the tweeters and send a but more power to the woofer. Might sound better overall.

Very clean looking man. Box came out great.

looks awesome man. very impressed by the work done in the trunk. always wanted to do plexi but could never find it with good quality for less than an arm and a leg

nice job bro :fing34: