acex3a

68 Chevelle build

Will be asking for some opinions such as door poppers for example. Don't know if I want it or not

Will be asking for some opinions such as door poppers for example. Don't know if I want it or not

In lieu of the door handles?

Did the college teach anything on fiberglass, or done it before? (kick panels)

Edited by stefanhinote

In lieu of the door handles?

Did the college teach anything on fiberglass, or done it before? (kick panels)

nah school teach anything of fiber glass. sheet metal, egnine rebuilding, drive train, paint, upholstery, wiring, ect. fiber glass iv learned from trial and error on my own lately. i get it free so it helps out.

i reprimed the body and all panels tonight but didnt take any pics, i got some touch up work to do on some dents the primer shows and i will be painting the door jams and such tomorrow and putting the car together for paint this weekend.

here some pics of my products

2012-03-28_17-21-42_82.jpg2012-03-30_07-21-10_24.jpg

2012-03-30_07-21-18_952.jpg

new paint gun

2012-03-30_07-21-32_179.jpg

island teal paint color cant wait to paint her this color

2012-03-30_07-22-28_669.jpg

nice work bro... reminds me of my dads 75 chevelle... he recently did all the body work and painted it candy apple green.... looks soo sexy lol...

im tuned in to see more work though :)

heres a bit of an update from the last two weeks. my father and i have been putting some work in the car. he has been extremly big help and very supportive with everything i have done and always been there for me.

last time i show pics i believe the car was still in pieces. the car have been fully assembled and primed painted and cleared. i am going to be doing the clear coat over im not happy with the way it came out so some wet sanding will be done and i will be painting her clear coat again during the week

my color of choice is island teal or nortic blue they call it. windows are in weather stripping has been installed and i am working on the front end bumpers and grill as we speak. a lot more to come.

wet sanded the primer with 400 grit paper and began painting

2012-04-08_18-50-44_422.jpg

2012-04-08_18-50-37_789.jpg

2012-04-08_18-50-56_395.jpg

2012-04-08_18-51-05_154.jpg

wet sanded and polished a spot to see the out come

installed windows they have 15% on them and weather stipping installed

2012-04-09_19-21-55_835.jpg

2012-04-10_06-54-17_654.jpg

2012-04-10_06-53-58_503.jpg

2012-04-10_06-53-46_850.jpg

what do u ladys and gents think i should do. keep chrome bumpers or get them powdered coats black and same with the grill and such? need opinions. i wanna do something different and not the norm why im thinking black bumpers and grill

2012-04-10_06-54-17_654.jpg

2012-04-10_06-54-27_139.jpg

box of goodies

tons and tons of interior to do to while saving money for my big block :)

interior will be completely done in a few days and same with the assebly of the front and rear of the car been putting over time in during the week :)

yea im not happy with the clear just from the pics maybe its just me but its bothering me.....should have used a 1.5 tips instead of 1.3... live and learn with the stuff. needed of go on a little wetter than it did. must fix sides dont seem to shine as much as the hood and roof. im re do that. blah!

Edited by acex3a

I LOVE the late 60's muscle cars. This is gonna be awesome when your done. I hope to do a 68 camaro one day. Ill be watching this one!

looks good.. i would do chrome bumpers. but its your choice :)

im a fan of the blacked out look.

Hard to lay paint outside...

Nice build so far, looking forward to seeing the end result.

Keep the chrome. I am always in the mind of restoring to original as much as possible.

Here is my uncles 70 SS 396:

cfab8973.jpg

a8532b26.jpg

e3b1db84.jpg

ce3c9d09.jpg

Keep up the good work!

Hard to lay paint outside...

Nice build so far, looking forward to seeing the end result.

yea paint booths make laying paint a lot nicer.

Keep the chrome. I am always in the mind of restoring to original as much as possible.

Here is my uncles 70 SS 396:

cfab8973.jpg

Keep up the good work!

that is a beautiful 70 chevelle!

yea i have the mind set of keep it orginal but when i know its a 1968 chevelle malibu 307 it is worth much in a restoration. if it was a true ss i would

thanks for all the comments and input!

more to come i started wet sanding the car last night im re shoot the clear coat this morning with a bigger tip in the gun. its bothering me

Its looking good, but I say keep chrome. :)

iv been think about keep the chrome but i need to get them re chrome if i do keep them chrome for now since i get black paint for free im going for the black out look first if i dont like it off to powdered coat they go. :)

a friend from work showed me this pic of a car on bullrun. i wish it wasnt red. i do like the black out trim and everything. i might keep some chrome on mine tho specially around the windows and little things maybe.

chevelle10.jpg

not much of an update date from this weekend just a lot of sanding and fixing the clear coat to be re done. bering extremly anal with it cause i want it too look really good! i have painted my bumepers grill, light bezals, and a bunch of other misc stuff black. right now its a waiting a preping process so i got some pics but not many to up load.

it was dark out when i took the pic but here it is, ill take better ones soon

2012-04-15_19-24-56_572.jpg

tuned in for the better pics :)