z3nor

2 12" SSD Vented Enclosure

Hey all,

I've got two 12" SSD's coming in the next few days and I decided to get a headstart on building my box. I've raped the search tool and can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

If anyone has some spare time and wouldn't mind doing a fellow enthusiast a HUGE favor, it wouldn't go unnoticed. I'm hoping to get a cutsheet for 2 12" SSD's (ported) for my 2008 Mazda 6 sedan.

Here's the preferred specifications.

W: 42" (MAX)

H: 16" (MAX)

D1: 21" preferred

D2: 16" preferred

Tuned from 30-33hz

I'm thinking it'd be cool to have the subs forward-firing at an angle with the seats. Then I could just mount my amp on the trunk side. The angle would take much more advantage of the space but if that's too difficult to calculate I'd understand and just make them rear-firing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I suck at math and don't trust online calculators :/

Aight...

Change of plans: I DO want them rear-firing. smiley-asskiss.gif

I'd be happy/content creating a box with a circle port... But I have nooo idea how to calculate those. The same specs apply.

Is it possible to do a slot port with a triangular/wedge enclosure?

Somebody pleaseeee help. I've done many different drawups and designs online with tons of calculations but I know if I was to go with it, I'd eff it up and waste $50 in the end.

Sooo BUMP.

Google Torres Box Calculator.... Then download and plug in your data

Google Torres Box Calculator.... Then download and plug in your data

...Appreciate the direction, but I have a mac :/

2.png

1.png

Can someone tell me:

a) Have I done this correctly?

b) What is the difference between the two?

in the first one you entered in the desired net volume, when you do this it leaves the net volume at whatever you entered and ignores the dimensions. Lower right corner.

you should also increase your port area

gss - thanks for the help... I appreciate it as I've never used that program.

Here's my next idea:

I calculated all the measurements and whatnot in Torres. Does it look like this is feasible?

Torres:

1.jpg

My idea on paper:

Subbox01.jpg

Subbox02.jpg

Subbox03.jpg

I know it's not drawn perfectly... Just wanted to show you guys what my image in my head was. Not bad for my first time using Sketchup IMO.

Did I calculate the dual port correctly? Each port would be 12" deep but I didn't know how to draw it haha.

I'm putting in a lot of effort to try and learn... I just need some help from the community to make it rewarding. Thanks everybody.

it doesn't quite work like that. You've got 50sq.in. of port area, you could break that up into two ports that are 2.5 x 10 if you want but you cant change the length, so they would still have to be 24" each.

If you were planning on doing two ports 5 x 10 x 12 you would end up with 100sq.in. port area, 12" long. This would change your tuning to 54Hz . It would also probably leave you with subs unloading and smashing coils on the back plate because of too much port area.

Ahhh... Should've known...

I just found out my subs will be here Monday. I need a solution! What is the best way to use those specifications above and tune at 32 hz? I'm getting confused how to do the port with the back wall being angled.

Any ideas? I gotta build this box this weekend!

I'm not too good at this, but I'll try!

141s4r7.png

Eh? I'm not too good with angled walls, they make the port confusing. That's one port, and you should do some bracing, at least front to back between the subs.

Edited by djtomczak

Okay guys I think I may have gotten it down. Can someone please check my work? Any ideas, suggestions, or objections before I go have this cut?

3.jpg

Also, can anyone confirm exactly how the port length is calculated at 20" if they don't share the same three walls?