which one would you choose  

8 members have voted

1. 1. whichone would you choose

• massive audio 2400D
    • audiopipe AD18001D

the amp will be running 2 sundown audio sa-8v2 when i get then on a stable 14.4 volt system big 3 done stock alt and stock battery for now till i get the xs power and all 0 gauge wire with and an eq and the other odds and ends

Edited by tkev77

you'll never have a solid 14.4v system even with 50 D3100s..

The best you can do with battery power is 13.6-13.8v.

If you want better, you will need battery and upgraded alternator.

Although, this isn't critical, it's not important to be at or over 14v either at all times.

I wouldn't buy either. IF I'm spending your money, I'd get whichever one costs more.

I had an audiopipe before my crescendo bc2000 and i didnt like it. How much do u have to spend?

you'll never have a solid 14.4v system even with 50 D3100s..

The best you can do with battery power is 13.6-13.8v.

If you want better, you will need battery and upgraded alternator.

Although, this isn't critical, it's not important to be at or over 14v either at all times.

You're sure about that ? With such a little system I thought it would be possible. Maybe not for hours of play, but it can be done on some cars. not on mine though !

OP : you can be good, and safe with a smaller amp for those little monsters ! IMO

I wouldn't buy either. IF I'm spending your money, I'd get whichever one costs more.

im looking to spend no more than 300 on an amp i really want a sundown amp but even used they are out of my price range. i can also get a rockford amp bt i dont care for them i always had trouble with thim i want at least a 1200 watt amp for the subs to be at 600 rms to each one at 1 ohm

im looking to spend no more than 300 on an amp i really want a sundown amp but even used they are out of my price range. i can also get a rockford amp bt i dont care for them i always had trouble with thim i want at least a 1200 watt amp for the subs to be at 600 rms to each one at 1 ohm

I would get a Audio Que Aq1200. So your planning on running both subs together at one ohm?

yea i ordered daul 4 ohm subs if i wire the in parellel the show a 1 ohm load and i want to run them at 600 rms so that would mean i need a 1200 watt rms amp that has true watts

So you want to run over rated power to the driver? YOu could get an 800 watt amp and never hear a difference.

• the subs are rated at 500 rms and its never gave me a max i have seen guy put 1000 rms to these subs with no problem you just have to set the amp right but me looking for an amp i found that there are more 1200 watt amp than 1000 watt amps so in my eyes its easyer to get a 1200 than a 1000

Just because you've seen "some guys" running 1kw per driver, doesn't mean it's a good idea for everyone to try.

There's zero audible difference between 1kw and 1200w.

Do you presently have an amplifier, or is this a new system/install?

I also agree on the aq 1200 but also if you get the crescendo bc2k then you can wire down to 4 ohms and still get plenty of power, 850 rms, and still make those babies hit and if you decide to upgrade or add to more you can run it at 1 ohm. Jus look around and you can find one under 300 shipped. :)

Also like impious said, 850 rms to 1200 won't be an audible difference.

Edited by tbPerez

Just because you've seen "some guys" running 1kw per driver, doesn't mean it's a good idea for everyone to try.

There's zero audible difference between 1kw and 1200w.

Do you presently have an amplifier, or is this a new system/install?

its a complete new set up. me and two of my buddies has the same car one car getting 2 sa8 one of the others is getting 4 and the last car is getting 8 its a big show and shine thing and the car with the 8 subs will be a compition car only its o.going to take a while to finsh them all bt it will be worth it