i am new at this whole car audio thing, so i need some advice and guidance. i was ordnally looking into jl w7 12 inch with 1000/1 amps but then someone told me they were over priced and not that great. so i looked into FI's. first off, i was looking into the BTL's 15 inch (probably n2). im not sure if i should get one or two, im not sure if one is gonna cut it. but i also need some advice on good amps, i know which wire kit im getting and i know the high output alternator im getting. and im a little confused on what some of the ohm and what ever do. what does ohm mean and what do they do? i have a choice of either dual 1 or 2. and all i want is someone to point me in the right direction in what i should get. im planning on using theise subs daily, no competions. but i also want these things blowing my windows, while at the same time keeping a budget.

and if someone knows a website that make custom boxes for fi subs please list it because i found a website that makes custom jl boxes and they are pretty cheap.

stick around or click on the amp / subs / alternator section and read the threads theres alot of info and FI thats what im getting N2 are cool daily / spl subs and N3 are for burps and competition

good known sub brands are

FI audio & ascendant audio & dc audio & sundown audio & SSA subs too

amp brands

rockford fosgate & dc audio amps & sundown audio amps & audioque amps & digital designs & hifonics

ALT brands

dc power & mechman & singer & Ohio Generator

Edited by CHRIS 323

the ohm load would have to end up being a choice of having one or two btls. also how loud are you trying to get ? how much space for a box do you have whats your budget? how much power do you want to run ? is it a trunk car or wall or back seat as for where the box is going to go

You are really asking for a lot all in one. Head over to bcae1.com and read up a bit. For now, you should create a list for us to help you. Here are some of the main info we need.

• Vehicle
  • Measuremnts your will to sacrifice. WxHxD
  • What brands have you decided for H/O and wire?
  • Budget.

Depending how many subs and amps you buy, a dual 2 ohm sub wires to 4ohm or 1ohm. A dual 1 sub wires to .5 ohm or 2 ohms.

Good choice in subs btw!! Welcome :)

You're new to this and you want to run 1 or 2 BTL ? That's a lot for a firstimer ! I think that is too much.

If you have the room, you can do 2 subs in 12" for example.

What do you plan for front speakers ? It's very important. It's where most of the music is coming from.

read some more on the forum.

the ohm load would have to end up being a choice of having one or two btls. also how loud are you trying to get ? how much space for a box do you have whats your budget? how much power do you want to run ? is it a trunk car or wall or back seat as for where the box is going to go

im trying to get pretty loud. i have an escalade esv, so i got all the room in the world. my budget is $2,500, but i can go over. thats just a base. and i have no idea how much power i want to run, all i want are loud subs.

You are really asking for a lot all in one. Head over to bcae1.com and read up a bit. For now, you should create a list for us to help you. Here are some of the main info we need.

• Vehicle
  • Measuremnts your will to sacrifice. WxHxD
  • What brands have you decided for H/O and wire?
  • Budget.

i have an escalade, so i got a huge trunk. and also what is H/O. and my budget is about 2,500. i can go a little over if i want

I can tell you now 2500 ain't gonna come close if you plan on running any kind of decent power to the BTLs. You could easily sink 1500-2000 in just the charging system and battery bank if you plan on running a lot of power to them. I honestly think you need to do a lot more reading up and experience before you tackle something this serious.

could you post a link where i could read up on this /

no special links. Just read the more you can in the different sub-forums : amplifiers, electrical, ...etc

Learn more about car audio and come back with questions if something is too hard to understand.

But you're really starting too big.