trevorb9

Bass and your eyes

Do any of you notice how if you look at rims on a car rolling down that street while playing a song with a high frequency that you can actually see the individual spokes almost like its slowed down. Its a trippy effect. Sometimes people rims will also look like there jumping up and down on some bass notes.

I also get this similar effect when i play a 50 hz and up frequency while looking at led lights ( xmas lights, BMW spoiler Brake lights) these lights also move to the bass..It is an awesome effect very entertaining!

I was wondering what is causing this and does anyone else experience this??

I think it has something to do with our eyes moving at the same frequency as which the lights are flickering... This is just a theory as i'm not sure why it happens??

If your playing bass, and it's loud enough, I believe it's simply shaking your eye balls, and blurring vision.

I don't see how a "high frequency", or any frequency sound wave could improve vision in a way that allows you to pick up and focus on individual spokes on a moving car.

Perhaps the weed is slowing everything down for you? tongue.png

I beleve it is simply shaking my vision too..

OK next time your driving play a song with a high frequency and look at peoples rims as they drive by. Hopefully you will see what i see. Instead of seeing a blurr when you look at rims driving by, you can see the spoke of the rim and threw the rim. It is very odd. I have had a system in my vehicle for 5 years and have never seen this effect. Also the system i currently have is not very loud, two mismatched 10s in a good box on proper power but the effect still happens. You don't need much bass just the right frequency and rpm of the rim.

Its not the weed cause i would be able to see this all the time only happens on songs with high frequency bass in them..

If your playing bass, and it's loud enough, I believe it's simply shaking your eye balls, and blurring vision.

I don't see how a "high frequency", or any frequency sound wave could improve vision in a way that allows you to pick up and focus on individual spokes on a moving car.

Perhaps the weed is slowing everything down for you? tongue.png

I beleve it is simply shaking my vision too..

OK next time your driving play a song with a high frequency and look at peoples rims as they drive by. Hopefully you will see what i see. Instead of seeing a blurr when you look at rims driving by, you can see the spoke of the rim and threw the rim. It is very odd. I have had a system in my vehicle for 5 years and have never seen this effect. Also the system i currently have is not very loud, two mismatched 10s in a good box on proper power but the effect still happens. You don't need much bass just the right frequency and rpm of the rim.

Its not the weed cause i would be able to see this all the time only happens on songs with high frequency bass in them..

What do you consider "high frequency" bass?

He said anything above 50hz

But I would agree, this is just the bass blurring the vision. Happens all the time. This is extremely apparent on leds. If you install a stinger volt meter, while playing your system, and monitor the volt meter, the numbers "appear" to be jumping around all over the place. Hell, on my friends smart phone, it has a 4.5" display and when the bass hits, it seems to shift the screen one way or another.

I usually get blurry vision on car shaking bass. I don't know the frequency, but the bass that moves your mirrors the most. Probably my contacts moving around with the waves.

He said anything above 50hz

But I would agree, this is just the bass blurring the vision. Happens all the time. This is extremely apparent on leds. If you install a stinger volt meter, while playing your system, and monitor the volt meter, the numbers "appear" to be jumping around all over the place. Hell, on my friends smart phone, it has a 4.5" display and when the bass hits, it seems to shift the screen one way or another.

Yeah i also have the stinger volt meter and the numbers will move with very little bass. It is extremely apparent on leds..

I wonder why leds are more prone than other lights?? it must have to do at the switch frequency of the led??