Hey, I am looking to build an enclosure for one Sundown E-12 in the near future. I plan on putting it into a 2.5 cubic foot enclosure. (PWK recommends an enclosure for the E-12 of at least 60L (~2.1 cu ft) for a more linear response) I also want to use a 4" aeroport (precision port) 10.25 inches long for a tuning of 32 Hz. I think my question is, would it be alright to tune this box to 30 Hz? All it would require is 12 of port length compared to the ten and a quarter. I'm just slightly confused because I have heard not to tune too far below a subs res. freq. because it might cause roll-off right at the tuning. If it sounds stupid, that's because I read it once somewhere on a forum haha. The E-12 has an Fs of ~35.8 Hz. If anyone is wondering what this setup will be used for/what is expected of it is... a daily setup, that will hammer lows. Sure I want to get as loud as I can doing this, but I have zero concern for numbers (db). It will be fed 500w from a RF prime 500.1. If there are any other things I forgot to mention that might help in determining if I should tune lower, please let me know. Thanks for the help.

bump

It will be ok.