bassahaulic

The PT Bruiser, 159.5db!!

Very nice!   That is one loud Cruiser!

One question.  Does your battery light come on since you installed that voltage regulator?

Anyway awesome job, I'd love to get to hear it one day...

Unfortunately it is indeed on. lol The car says "Alternator not fully fielding"   If only it knew. haha

One question.  Does your battery light come on since you installed that voltage regulator?

Unfortunately it is indeed on. lol The car says "Alternator not fully fielding"   If only it knew. haha

Yeah I was afraid of that, or even worse, like a fried PCM (these mopars are super touchy electrically), so I instead went with a MLA dual voltage boost mod.  I can charge at 14.6 (low) and 15.4 (high) and my battery light has never been on!   If you ever get tired of seeing that light, that's the way to go! (Besides getting the PCM re-programmed)

Man I still can't believe those numbers!   This gives me a lot of hope for my build being loud as well!  

You should be seeing around 9500w out of the d9s at .25 when I had them in I could play music strapped at .25 but it had to be 45^hz

Yeah I was afraid of that, or even worse, like a fried PCM (these mopars are super touchy electrically), so I instead went with a MLA dual voltage boost mod.  I can charge at 14.6 (low) and 15.4 (high) and my battery light has never been on!   If you ever get tired of seeing that light, that's the way to go! (Besides getting the PCM re-programmed)

Man I still can't believe those numbers!   This gives me a lot of hope for my build being loud as well!  

I'm not to worried about it, I'm going to open the dash up and pull the Battery light and check engine light out ASAP.

Once I don't drive it everyday it will get bumped up to 16v system so I need the regulator.

And thanks man, I'm working hard on this thing. Next step is a upgrade to a 6 Phase 300 Amp Hairpin alternator.

You should be seeing around 9500w out of the d9s at .25 when I had them in I

could play music strapped at .25 but it had to be 45^hz

I"m definitely seeing more power then the Single M4a for sure. Just need to keep them on when I burp at .25ohm. They keep protecting.

Edited by bassahaulic

I'm not to worried about it, I'm going to open the dash up and pull the Battery light and check engine light out ASAP.

Once I don't drive it everyday it will get bumped up to 16v system so I need the regulator.

And thanks man, I'm working hard on this thing. Next step is a upgrade to a 6 Phase 300 Amp Hairpin alternator.

That's cool, good idea.  That is exactly what I did to take care of the airbag light.  Just remember to mark your needles before you remove them...

And I don't mean to sound like a know-it-all, but I'd be careful putting 16v+ on the stock system...  I don't think it would like that very much.

I have read too many horror stories about others who tried it on newer mopars, and it ended up all bad...   But that doesn't mean yours will!

My plan is to add a second alt., and use one for the stock 12v and one as a floating setup for the 16v rear bank (charging at 18v+).

And I too am looking to upgrade to the 6 phase alt..  Those are beast at idle!

Eventually I'll get it, this stuff just all cost big bucks!

Anyway, keep it up, I'll be watching and learning for sure! 

I'll be running the car on a 12v system using Stepdowns from XS Power. ;)

>You should be seeing around 9500w out of the d9s at .25 when I had them in I

could play music strapped at .25 but it had to be 45^hz

I"m definitely seeing more power then the Single M4a for sure. Just need to keep them on when I burp at .25ohm. They keep protecting.

I had to keep all burps above 45hz.. what are you burping with? Use a PAC knob and do it slowly.. I mean SLOW and they won't protect.

Also, 110v was the magic spot for getting nearly 10k.

Sorry for thread jacking, but which alt company are you going for to upgrade to a 6 phase hairpin alt? How much did they quote you and does it bolt on directly or will you be modding some things under the hood to get it to fit? Pt's have like zero room for alts so I'm trying to find something bigger than 240 amps that would directly bolt on without changing brackets but doesn't look like that will happen. 

Sorry for thread jacking, but which alt company are you going for to upgrade to a 6 phase hairpin alt? How much did they quote you and does it bolt on directly or will you be modding some things under the hood to get it to fit? Pt's have like zero room for alts so I'm trying to find something bigger than 240 amps that would directly bolt on without changing brackets but doesn't look like that will happen. 

Still through Mike Singer. Retail probably in the $600 range.

Thanks man I appreciate the input, awesome build! Can't wait to see whats next!

Unfortunately there won't be anything next, the PT is getting retired and I'm starting a new build in my truck. :)

Unfortunately there won't be anything next, the PT is getting retired and I'm starting a new build in my truck. smile.png

Wait, what?   Retired, really?   I'm all for a new build, but why retire a vehicle that does 159+???

Guess I will be all alone then... (having a loud Cruiser)

Can I ask, did something bad happened?  

Unfortunately there won't be anything next, the PT is getting retired and I'm starting a new build in my truck. smile.png

Wait, what?   Retired, really?   I'm all for a new build, but why retire a vehicle that does 159+???

he's just moving forward, that's all.

NOOO he blew the wheels off, and needed a new ride.

Okay well, why couldn't he "move forward" with the PT?   Because as of last week, he had plans of going 16v...

They are obviously crazy loud cars, look at what he has already done! 

A lot of rides out there with more subs and power that are not even close to his score. 

I was just wondering if he had problems with the car, or equipment? 

Okay well, why couldn't he "move forward" with the PT?   Because as of last week, he had plans of going 16v...

They are obviously crazy loud cars, look at what he has already done! 

A lot of rides out there with more subs and power that are not even close to his score. 

I was just wondering if he had problems with the car, or equipment? 

He has a truck now man. He's had the PT for quite a while. 

My Ex's dad bought me the PT two years ago, and we just put it in Tiffany's name.

Tiffany and I split up about 2 months ago, and I gave her the car back. I didn't have to, but wanted to. It's definitely helping me move forward with everything having the new truck.

The truck is a 97 GMC 1500 Step Side. Lowered 4/6. 5.7L.

Big plans for sure. Just have to replace a lot of things first.

_facebook_17268321_zps3571eea0.jpg

Moving my box from Tiffany's house to the shop.
20130519_143235_zps66c12fbb.jpg

20130520_191451_zps2a63bd7e.jpg

20130523_184557_zpsc0740615.jpg

20130523_212849_zpsf0dc1a46.jpg

20130526_170528_zps9445d500.jpg

Looks like a good start!

nice start!

I need to update this thread........ lol 

nice truck any more pics or updates

nice truck any more pics or updates

i think he has an S10 now like yours.