lamchop_8

What subs should my uncle get?

Hey SSA! My Uncle Brad sold his MA's last month and now he wants something wayy louder & lower (146db+). He has all the equipment he just needs subs & his enclosure is 6-7cuft after displacements tuned to 29hz! For the last 2 weeks we looked at subs online & came to either 2 15" SSA Xcons, Fi BL's (Hyper Pole & Flatwind Coil), or DC Level 4m2's. We never owned or heard these subs so if u guys have or heard any of them please helps us out here!

Thanks!

BTW:Subs will be firing in cabin & Amp is a Hifonics ZRX30001.D

(CEA Rated!)

What is the rest of "all the equipment"???

What is the rest of "all the equipment"???

Big III done, Sub enclosure, Amp, Stock alt, Kenwood Headunit, Kicker amp kit, & 1 Kinetik HC2000. Need anything else?

If he is tuned at 29hz he is gonna need a lot of power to hit 146+.

Randy, what model amp is it? And is he aware the Kicker has a fixed SSF of 25hz? Just curious

If he is tuned at 29hz he is gonna need a lot of power to hit 146+.

Thats Exactly what I said. As far as power he has a lil over 3k. He mainly wants lows & I think any of those 15's + 3k + 29hz tuning = 1 low end chest hittin Monster. He should be somewhere in the 140db class though for sure not 130's

Randy, what model amp is it? And is he aware the Kicker has a fixed SSF of 25hz? Just curious

Idk if he knows but here's the link to amp (Its CEA-2006 Compliant)

http://www.sonicelec...ZRX3000.1D.html

Disregard my post.. I misread thinking you meant Kicker amp but you stated Kicker amp kit... lol

Don't know about the numbers as no one else will either.. Box tuning and size will determine alot of that and we can't just say yep, 2 Xcons at 29hz will hit 150+ with 3000w

How much port are does the enclosure have? Is it braced properly? You can't just throw new subs in and expect good results. Knowing the volume and tuning doesn't tell us enough.

How much port are does the enclosure have? Is it braced properly? You can't just throw new subs in and expect good results. Knowing the volume and tuning doesn't tell us enough.

If I'm right he has about 168in port area & its braced good.Anything else you need to know about enclosure?

Idk if he knows but here's the link to amp (Its CEA-2006 Compliant)

http://www.sonicelec...ZRX3000.1D.html

Disregard my post.. I misread thinking you meant Kicker amp but you stated Kicker amp kit... lol

Its cool lol

Don't know about the numbers as no one else will either.. Box tuning and size will determine alot of that and we can't just say yep, 2 Xcons at 29hz will hit 150+ with 3000w

Your right about that too many factors!

I would lean toward the XCON or BL as I have owned and been happy with both of them. The XCON is just a bit better sounding in my opinion. Either setup should be loud if it is a good enclosure.

honestly what ever he wants cause none of these guys here posting for sure are not going to pay for the sub why satisfied someone else's taste

I would lean toward the XCON or BL as I have owned and been happy with both of them. The XCON is just a bit better sounding in my opinion. Either setup should be loud if it is a good enclosure.

Thanks 4 info bro. It really helps to talk 2 someone who has both. Did you ever get both subs metered & what were your pros & cons on both?

Thanks 4 info bro. It really helps to talk 2 someone who has both. Did you ever get both subs metered & what were your pros & cons on both?

I have no complaints for the BL at all. But the XCON is one of my all time favorite drivers. It gets loud, low and sounds excellent. I have had many many subs over the past few years (Fi, SSA, JL, Image Dynamics, Sundown, Arc, Rockford, Alpine, Boston Acoustics, and many more)

I can honestly say that the BL and the XCON are in my top 5 with the XCON ahead for my taste.

I have no complaints for the BL at all. But the XCON is one of my all time favorite drivers. It gets loud, low and sounds excellent. I have had many many subs over the past few years (Fi, SSA, JL, Image Dynamics, Sundown, Arc, Rockford, Alpine, Boston Acoustics, and many more)

I can honestly say that the BL and the XCON are in my top 5 with the XCON ahead for my taste.

Thanks again 4 the detailed feedback

Edited by Randy.D

Are you saying 2 15in Xcons will hit 150db at 29hz? I find that hard to believe.

Are you saying 2 15in Xcons will hit 150db at 29hz? I find that hard to believe.

Notice the bold/underlined word. I had to read it two or three times the first time too, lol.

On another note, at least from the experience I've had with MA subs, he'll be leaps and bounds ahead of where he was just having a quality sub such as either of these. I've never owned either so I'll leave recommendations up to those who have.

Notice the bold/underlined word. I had to read it two or three times the first time too, lol.

On another note, at least from the experience I've had with MA subs, he'll be leaps and bounds ahead of where he was just having a quality sub such as either of these.

OH, oops..

I then agree with his statement. lol

If that were true I was fixing to cancel my order with FI. haha

I see "Ulrisa" is reading my topic. Dont u have Xcons Ulrisa? How do u like them & what are pros & cons

On another note, at least from the experience I've had with MA subs, he'll be leaps and bounds ahead of where he was just having a quality sub such as either of these.

OH, oops..

I then agree with his statement. lol

If that were true I was fixing to cancel my order with FI. haha

lol your cool bro no need to cancel orders. What subs are u getting from Fi?