lamchop_8

What subs should my uncle get?

Don't know about the numbers as no one else will either.. Box tuning and size will determine alot of that and we can't just say yep, 2 Xcons at 29hz will hit 150+ with 3000w

Are you saying 2 15in Xcons will hit 150db at 29hz? I find that hard to believe.

Notice the bold/underlined word. I had to read it two or three times the first time too, lol.

On another note, at least from the experience I've had with MA subs, he'll be leaps and bounds ahead of where he was just having a quality sub such as either of these. I've never owned either so I'll leave recommendations up to those who have.

Thanks 4 info bro. What MA subs did u have? My Unk had the Hardkore 15's (2000rms each). His enclosure is 6-7cuft after all displacements so is 3-3.5 per sub enough space for bl 15's or xcons 15's to reach full potential?

Could you post pictures of this setup?

Thanks 4 info bro. What MA subs did u have? My Unk had the Hardkore 15's (2000rms each). His enclosure is 6-7cuft after all displacements so is 3-3.5 per sub enough space for bl 15's or xcons 15's to reach full potential?

The one's I owned were only the MA series, an MA100XE and a pair of MA150XE's. They did fine on output, just weren't the least bit impressive on the quality of sound. Between a little mechanical noise and a lackluster response they just didn't impress me.

As for the 3-3.5cuft per sub, well, it's in the range for the drivers as given by the manufacturers. The port area and tuning will have an affect as well as the vehicle environment. Believe me, I understand that it's frustrating that no one is giving real straight answers. You have to understand that absolutely NO ONE can predict exactly what the results are going to be from each product and tell you with certainty which one will suit you better. The recommendations given so far are from those peoples personal experiences and have to be weighed as such.

I believe that either choice will give good results as both are proven performing drivers.

lol your cool bro no need to cancel orders. What subs are u getting from Fi?

No no, it was a joke. I am getting FI Q's. I had a 15in Q in 3.6cu tuned at 29hz and it murdered the lows. My truck peaked at 30hz with that setup. I liked it so much I ordered 2 18's. LOL

The one's I owned were only the MA series, an MA100XE and a pair of MA150XE's. They did fine on output, just weren't the least bit impressive on the quality of sound. Between a little mechanical noise and a lackluster response they just didn't impress me. As for the 3-3.5cuft per sub, well, it's in the range for the drivers as given by the manufacturers. The port area and tuning will have an affect as well as the vehicle environment. Believe me, I understand that it's frustrating that no one is giving real straight answers. You have to understand that absolutely NO ONE can predict exactly what the results are going to be from each product and tell you with certainty which one will suit you better. The recommendations given so far are from those peoples personal experiences and have to be weighed as such. I believe that either choice will give good results as both are proven performing drivers.

Thank u very much 4 info

No no, it was a joke. I am getting FI Q's. I had a 15in Q in 3.6cu tuned at 29hz and it murdered the lows. My truck peaked at 30hz with that setup. I liked it so much I ordered 2 18's. LOL

Thanks for input bro. Did u get it metered?

I'd say buy a HO alternator first. Unless I missed it, what type of vehicle is this in?

140@30 hz, 15in Q, SAZ-1500

140@30 hz, 15in Q, SAZ-1500

Nice score