ViperC

Big 3 problems and Questions.

Well I am having questions about the big 3 upgrade and running into some problems. I will soon be running Two Level 3 DC 10s in my truck on a DC 2k or a crescendo 2k.

Okay where to start Here is the list of things i am going to get for the upgrade if you guys know of any better things or better prices please let me know.

http://www.amazon.co...=A3J1PF183V710G

http://www.amazon.co...4163658&sr=1-16

http://www.amazon.co...cp_ob_e_title_2

And i am missing a few items i will have pictures of them if you guys could tell me where to get them and the size.

first off here is a picture i have a question with

97c4098c.jpg

Can i attach the terminal on top of the previous one i have right there the stock red one or do i have to get a different terminal? OR could i possible get aways with two simple ring terminals where that old one is? What would be best what should i do?

Next Picture and question is where can i get this one of my buddies gave me it and i can't find out where to get it and what size it is.

a5c2705d.jpg

NExt question is i have a ground going off the negative of the battery and under the engine block i believe and i am wondering if i should run my new zero gauge where that is going or make a new connection on another spot and take that wire out? seen in this picture

965fe0cf.jpg

Next picture is is a little red box that gets power from the positive of the battery and houses power to my alternator and then runs down underneath my engine and i don't know where it goes because my truck is so low i can't get underneath and am wondering if anyone has a idea where it goes and if i should get rid of the box and just run wire everywhere or keep the box and use it for the zero gauge.

2cf8b7f8.jpg

51da15ca.jpg

Also i am wondering what size ring terminal is best for the alternator i am having trouble finding a small enough one.

And with the alternator some people are saying put a fuze on the line going from the positive of your battery to the alternator i am wondering if i should do that or is it not necessary?

And the last question here is a pic of my distribution block i believe and it splits the power from my sub amp to my mids and high amp and i am wondering where can i get one that will work with my zero gauge? also my mids and high amp only allows eight gauge is there a block that can allow a 0 gauge output and 8 gauge output. sorry if its confusing here is a pic of it right now i can explain more if you have questions.

a7b5d375.jpg

d0910cd4.jpg

and last last question on the positive going back to my amp how far away should my fuze be? and will i need any more in other places?

well thanks for going through this long question i just want to make sure its right i do it all right i want to do it myself because i want to learn how to do it. i will reply if you guys have any more questions and please let me know if i am missing anything.! Thanks

-Cole

Well I am having questions about the big 3 upgrade and running into some problems. I will soon be running Two Level 3 DC 10s in my truck on a DC 2k or a crescendo 2k.

Okay where to start Here is the list of things i am going to get for the upgrade if you guys know of any better things or better prices please let me know.

http://www.amazon.co...=A3J1PF183V710G

This is fine if you want to spend the money.

ttp://www.amazon.co...4163658&sr=1-16

Over prices in my opinion not sure where to look but usally only 1-2 bucks each

Same here

http://www.amazon.co...cp_ob_e_title_2

You will need a fuse holder if dont already have one

And i am missing a few items i will have pictures of them if you guys could tell me where to get them and the size.

first off here is a picture i have a question with

97c4098c.jpg

Can i attach the terminal on top of the previous one i have right there the stock red one or do i have to get a different terminal? OR could i possible get aways with two simple ring terminals where that old one is? What would be best what should i do?

You could add them in ontop of the red power wire you have there.

Next Picture and question is where can i get this one of my buddies gave me it and i can't find out where to get it and what size it is.

Autozone carried them when I was working there not sure if they still do as this was over a year ago.Check the battery area.

a5c2705d.jpg

NExt question is i have a ground going off the negative of the battery and under the engine block i believe and i am wondering if i should run my new zero gauge where that is going or make a new connection on another spot and take that wire out? seen in this picture

Do not remove any of the stock wiring simply add to them. Run the wire along the exsisting ot from both exsiting points just be sure they are bare metal to ensure a good connection.

965fe0cf.jpg

Next picture is is a little red box that gets power from the positive of the battery and houses power to my alternator and then runs down underneath my engine and i don't know where it goes because my truck is so low i can't get underneath and am wondering if anyone has a idea where it goes and if i should get rid of the box and just run wire everywhere or keep the box and use it for the zero gauge.

Jack up the truck and see if you can follow it. Nothing like finding out first hand! Second leave the red box alone and run the alternator wire direcly to the battery. you are trying to upgrade the size of the wire it makes no sense to run it back through a smaller stock wire.

2cf8b7f8.jpg

51da15ca.jpg

Also i am wondering what size ring terminal is best for the alternator i am having trouble finding a small enough one.

Hard for anyone to say trial and error or measure the one you have, If all else fails you can grind down a bigger one and or use a washer to ensure proper contact depending on what issue you are having with a larger one.

And with the alternator some people are saying put a fuse on the line going from the positive of your battery to the alternator i am wondering if i should do that or is it not necessary?

For SAFTEY REASONS yes should your crimp ever come loose and the wire ground out you dont want it arcing everywhere possibly frying your alt or other items, you also dont want it to start a fire and burn the truck down.

And the last question here is a pic of my distribution block i believe and it splits the power from my sub amp to my mids and high amp and i am wondering where can i get one that will work with my zero gauge? also my mids and high amp only allows eight gauge is there a block that can allow a 0 gauge output and 8 gauge output. sorry if its confusing here is a pic of it right now i can explain more if you have questions.

I just installed that same Distro block on a customer car. Get rid of it there are numerous ones that will allow 0awg in and all the way down to 8 out look on amazon or even ebay.

a7b5d375.jpg

d0910cd4.jpg

and last last question on the positive going back to my amp how far away should my fuze be? and will i need any more in other places?

Keep it within a few feet.

well thanks for going through this long question i just want to make sure its right i do it all right i want to do it myself because i want to learn how to do it. i will reply if you guys have any more questions and please let me know if i am missing anything.! Thanks

-Cole

Hope i covered everything. Try to use more puncuation, dont run on your sentances so much you will notice you will recieve more help. Use normal font sizes and stay away from bold unless you want to place emphasis on something. Not trying to be an ass just trying to help you out. Good luck and google can be a powerful tool to help answer many questions.

I got all my big 3 wire from Knukonceptz.

Well i got all my wire from there.

Edited by tbPerez

And just to make it clear i am not removing old wire? i am just adding to it?

And just to make it clear i am not removing old wire? i am just adding to it?

Yea jus add it. It'll go with the least path of resistance which is the larger wire.

Take a look at Darvex.com, madisound.com, parts-express.com. They often have stores on ebay : knuconceptz has one too on ebay.

They'll have all you need.

Find a T that admits 0 Ga in, and 2 0Ga out : you will have one 0 ga for an amp and the 2nd out can accept any wire if it is smaller than 0 Ga. You can use 0Ga wire and trim it down near your amp. Or find a reducer.

I'd rather trim the wire.