russelthalovemuscle

Lethal Injection power handling

thanks OP smile.png

sometimes i get the feeling that ppl judge a username based on how many posts he has , lack of flashy buildspics , how long u been on here , popularity etc , in other words : judging a book by its cover

even though i signed onto here going into 3yrs i hardly post & mostly just enjoy looking at builds so it may give the impression he probably is a newb that does not know much

my low post count falls into that newbie name category but i dont care about that . In other forums my post count is in the 1000s so it does not necessarily mean i have to do that here too to make myself look good

The only "making a mountain out of a molehill" going on is the persistent bitching about the responses supposedly based on his post count. It has nothing to do with his post count, user status, length of membership, etc etc. Appropriate answers were given to the question posed, regardless of who asked the question. If he is so knowledgeable and experienced, and was apparently already planning on running more power than they're rated for anyways, then he should already have the knowledge and experience to have used the subwoofers in his situation without needing to even ask the question to start with. Having a specific power range, beyond the rated power handling of the driver, was and is completely unnecessary information and doesn't help him in the least, especially if he is as knowledgeable and experienced as he says. So, why ask to start with? His knowledge and experience should have been able to tell him when the drivers were experiencing stress once he began using them and he should have been able to set the system up accordingly.

I ran 700w per side to my passive crossovers on my front stage (apparently I'm a "newb" since I was running passive instead of active?), I didn't have to post a question on an internet forum so someone could tell me how much power I could safely utilize. My knowledge and experience allowed me to setup the system appropriately.

haha everyone

u never know who is behind a forum user name , their knowledge , experience or what they have accomplished so u cannot assume that i do not know what i am talking about or think that u are teaching me new something that i didnt already know yrs ago

i do not want to get into any immature pissing match so u guys go right ahead

Exactly people see that my status says "newbie" well im not i just dont use this forum much. But its cool i got a MB Quart 2k. Ive never blown a woofer. Ill be fine on that amp. Im not stupid. So yeah i think ill be just fine with my 2k and active set up. Oh what a "newb" is going active? Oh how did he know what that was? Ha ha anyway. Thanks SPL MAN. At least you understood what the question was. Didnt need to hear from people who dont own Lethal Injections but thanks for chiming in.

Seriously? Why even ask the question then? If you have a fair amount of experience in car audio you knew the answer. Also, running an active setup is easy. Running it correctly is another thing.

Who knows man, who knows people do crazy things. Sorry nobody held your hand and gave you a cookie cutter answer, we actually like to make you think and will give and in depth response. Having owned that particular sub or not I have enough sense to still give a valid response, subs dont break on there own the users who control them break them.

I didnt read his status or look at his post count when answering his question, could care less about that. Seems you guys do more than comprehending answers, good luck with system.

i'm sure ppl wud have noticed that even master experience builders doing monster systems & showing them here in build threads sometimes do ask for opinions & suggestions , to me that shows how humble a person is

i think we all can agree that not everybody knows everything & it cannot hurt to ask a opinion in spite of being knowledgeble & experienced

smile.png