Sign in to follow this  
jonbearsmt

show of hands of those who have ran the 4500D @.25 ohms

just like i said.... if you have ran the SAZ 4500D at .25 ohms i wanna talk to you !

Damn I feel left out, the only person I know who ran theirs that low is Jacob and he only did that for burping:

Hope that helps.

well i was googleing.. and i see alot of people saying " i know alot of people who run it at .25 daily" but i cant seem to find any people who have done it!!!!

weird right?

well i was googleing.. and i see alot of people saying " i know alot of people who run it at .25 daily" but i cant seem to find any people who have done it!!!!

weird right?

Yeah you know everybody knows somebody that.......

Are you planning on doing this for daily or just burps?

i see your thinking about this jon :)

i would only do burps.. you can try music... but is it worth blowing the amp ??

I read a lot of reviews and such a while back when shopping around for a amp. Everything I read was people running .5 daily and .25 burp.

Never heard of anyone doing .25 daily.

i see your thinking about this jon smile.png

i would only do burps.. you can try music... but is it worth blowing the amp ??

more business for DB-R!!!!!

wellll I've not seen a saz4500 run @.25

But I've seen a D9 run @.25 and it did fine. they are very similar amps, and to my understanding the saz has better protection components so in theory it would go into protection quicker than a D9.

i would not even think about it...

but.. like i said.. i googled and i found plenty of people that "know tons of people" that have done it.... but i cant find any of the,... who are they!!!!

well.. i wouldnt run any amp 4x lower than recommended even for burps.

The actual load will still probably be lower than recommended which could cause instant failure.

Jon if they are really doing that they must be holding up. I check db-r weekly hoping to see one on the refirb list.

but.. like i said.. i googled and i found plenty of people that "know tons of people" that have done it.... but i cant find any of the,... who are they!!!!

You never know their could be a handful of people that do but dont get on the computer, not every competitor or hardcore enthusiasts get online or have build logs on forums.

Like stated above Sundowns have a great protection network so even if most attempted Sundown amps probably protected before it happened. Why would someone want to run an amp at .25 daily anyway, just get a bigger amp thay does more power or multiple amps (just a general question)?

You never know their could be a handful of people that do but dont get on the computer, not every competitor or hardcore enthusiasts get online or have build logs on forums.

Like stated above Sundowns have a great protection network so even if most attempted Sundown amps probably protected before it happened. Why would someone want to run an amp at .25 daily anyway, just get a bigger amp thay does more power or multiple amps (just a general question)?

$$$

$$$

It was more of a retorical question than anything, yes i know that space and money limitations are reasons why :Doh: . But you cant save money when your constantly sending your amp off for repairs.

DB-R isn't the only US repair center either...

So just because DB-R hasn't had any of these amps in a while doesn't mean they still aren't getting toasted.

And why would someone send it anywhere else?

Warranty up.. or just pure voided the warranty and to save cost on repair, they get another place to repair them.

Sign in to follow this