Sign in to follow this  
d luv

Born again newbie needs major help!

HI fellas, I recently bought a 1999 Buick Park Avenue and am in need of your expertise. So far I have a Kenwood KVT-911 DVD, 2 12" JLW7's, Audiobahn 2300HCT { I know you guys hate Audiobahn, but I got it the year it came out brand new in box for $100 and 2 very old pioneer IMPP's} that has never even been used, I plan to run it at 1ohm. I am now looking for a nice used 4 channel amp for around $100 on craigslist, I want 65-75rms per channel. I need suggestions on a good pair of 6x9 and 4x6 to run off the 4 channel, I would not like to spend more than $125-150 for both sets.

2nd question is the car has another set of 4x6's upfront also, could I run an identical set of 4x6 that are ran off the amp to the head unit and run tweets off the other two head unit channels{ I know it's possible, but would they sound decent off the head unit}? If you think the power would be to minimal to power the same 4x6's could you suggest another pair of 4x6 to run off the head?

My third question is can you guys recommend a high output alternator that will be sufficient for the Audiobahn and a small four channel amp? I have a yellow top to go in the trunk along with a 3.0 cap as well. I plan to run 0 gauge, I'm currently looking for a good deal on a amp kit. Also can anyone recommend a good alarm for around $150? Thank you very much for your knowledge and input. I've been out of the car audio game for so long I feel like a newbie all over again. I apologize for the lengthy post but I'm totally lost without your help.

As far as speakers look at sonicelectronix (dot) com

And amp kit you can get from Cadence or Knukonceptz on ebay for a great price.

As far as speakers look at sonicelectronix (dot) com

And amp kit you can get from Cadence or Knukonceptz on ebay for a great price.

Get rid of the cap. and add a battery.

I used to run that same amp and it was had okay power, for electrical as stated above get rid of the cap.. The amp draws alot of current and can get really hot without the good electrical

Mine would be a stove after 10 minutes of dipping voltage