onebadmonte

A Suburban A Warhorse and a Pair of SMDeez

I would like to extend an e-high-five for the US Acoustics amps hiding under the seats. Favorite part of your install. wink.png

E-high-five back at you boss. In the world of used audio equipment nothing beats these amps dollar per watt. Oh, just to mention these amps are rated to do advertised power at 12.9v. :o

clean and seamless great job buddy!

Thanks, demo time is coming up soon. :D

I love the USA series, essentially the same thing as you have in a smaller footprint.

echoe

those amps were in the cream puff if i recall correctly ...

echoe

:P Funny guy.

those amps were in the cream puff if i recall correctly ...

Yes sir, that is correct. I've got a small arsenal of these little amps. Great buys. Getting a little scarce though.

holy shit good work man bananaDance.gif

Thanks. :D

The system has been up and running for a few weeks now. I've only had the chance to really listen to it for a couple of hours though. A couple of locals have had the chance to listen, they are more than free to chime in with any critiques. :) I am happy it's up and running. The output in the bass department is impressive. Louder than the previous setup fo sho. I haven't taken it to the meter yet. I'm still tinkering with all sorts of "auto tunes" through the MS8 and getting the gains set on the amps. One particular place I've been focusing my effort in getting a good sound out of the mids and highs. I'd like to get some good imaging and staging and depth for when listening at moderate levels. At the same time I've been working on the gain of the Warhorse amp. I don't have a sure fire way of setting the gain of the amp. All I can do is set the MS8 then adjust the amp gain at full tilt and wait for a smell after a bass heavy song. Alot of trial and error for now till I figure out a better way. :D

This thread is just fucking epic. Definitely one of my favorite builds.

Edited by stefanhinote

GOOD JOB HUGO smile.png

This thread is just fucking epic. Definitely one of my favorite builds.

Thanks, glad you all enjoyed the build, so far. Muahahahaha! :D

Here is a vid of the first outting. smile.png Please forgive my noobish ways, I know the interweb is serious stuffs. tongue.png

smile.png

I'm always jelly of you and jons setups. Sounds so crispy clean. Good work buddy.

cant wait to hear this for my self, this is gonna be great.glad your happy with it, and the rebuild is complete, time to blow some minds with the sweet slow dance of SQ meets SPL in the onebadmontes bad ass suburban! good job!

i know shooting flex vids is very new for you coming from an SQ back ground , if you would like some advice i can offer some.

I'm always jelly of you and jons setups. Sounds so crispy clean. Good work buddy.

Ha, ha, no need to be jelly brother. I know once you get a bit of free time from your Camaro build you'll be making some sweet crisp ear soothing sounds yourself. :) Thanks for the complement. Looking forward to hearing, experiencing, the Camaro. :D

cant wait to hear this for my self, this is gonna be great.glad your happy with it, and the rebuild is complete, time to blow some minds with the sweet slow dance of SQ meets SPL in the onebadmontes bad ass suburban! good job!

i know shooting flex vids is very new for you coming from an SQ back ground , if you would like some advice i can offer some.

Just let me know when you've got some free time. I'll bring the drinks. :D

Thanks for the offer Jon, as you can see I need all the help I can get. :D What ever you got to offer, I'm all ears. :)

Nice hugo smile.png

Thanks Dani :)

Monte! Loving the song. Great choice. Almost every single one of strange musics songs bang. :D

Coil rub at 4:17-4:23?

Looks amazing tho, as always! God dawmn all that ratlling tho, sounds excessive lol but of course with good reasoning.

Monte! Loving the song. Great choice. Almost every single one of strange musics songs bang. biggrin.png

Hey there! Thanks. I dig the songs myself. :) They're recorded on the hot side thought, so got to be careful with the volume know. :D

Coil rub at 4:17-4:23?

Possible. : I don't get the sound when it's all sealed up though. Then again the coil is on an 8" long former.

Looks amazing tho, as always! God dawmn all that ratlling tho, sounds excessive lol but of course with good reasoning.

Thanks, I'm happy with it. As for the rattling, it wasn't as bad with the old setup. I didn't think it was going to be this bad with this setup. Guess I was wrong. :D No plan of attack for the rattling just yet, it's on the radar for now. :)

Setup looks amazing, would not expect any different from your work. Rattles, seems to be expected from a serious amp and sub stage. Thanks for sharing!!

nice vid... agreed with jon u need better angles to capture the flex better ;)

have u gotten metered yet? :D

nice job monter, so much cabin space in taht boat of yours lol

nice job monter, so much cabin space in taht boat of yours lol

Thanks. It's a cave in there alright. I used the songs that did well with the DDs, around 43 - 44Hz. I'm gonna try something a little lower next time around. :)

I competed in the Texas Showdown this past weekend. I competed in the USACI SQ Mod class. No metering here just straight SQ. Here are some pics. :)

Got the ol' Suburban all washed up and ready for the voyage from San Antonio to Houston.

DSC04768.jpg

Here is what I saw as I drove up to the show.

DSC04769.jpg

As usual, my fhawking battery died. :( This is where the show coverage stops.

Here are the highlights.

DSC04771.jpg

The plaque is for taking 1st in SQ mod out of one. :P The flag trophy is for best in show SQ class out of 6 competitors. :)

It was a good show. Got to catch up with fellow SSA member Steve Mead and made some new friends. Always a good time regardless of the venue size. Just got to remember to smile and wave. :)

i like the flag one alot. pretty unique. i have a shelf full of the same trophies. none that cool though