onebadmonte

A Suburban A Warhorse and a Pair of SMDeez

i like the flag one alot. pretty unique. i have a shelf full of the same trophies. none that cool though

Thanks bro. I was pretty surprised I was able to pull of the best of show. I read on other forums there were some good competitors making runs on Saturday. Lets see if I can repeat in Austin next month. :P

Got another little update for you all. This one was suppose to be part of the orignal build, but once things got rolling, if it wasn't ready, it got passed up. :\ Well this update was one of those things that the build couldn't be without. biggrin.png With out further ado lets proceed in adding a little accent lighting to the box. smile.png

Here is what I started off with. A pair of project boxes and battery connectors from Radio Shack, LED strips from the local auto parts store and some 9 volt batteries.

DSC04751.jpg

Instead of hard wiring everything in I opted to put a juction. I started off with one of these strips.

DSC04753.jpg

I cut the strip down to what I needed.

DSC04756.jpg

Here is a test fit of how everything packages in to the project box.

DSC04759.jpg

I added one of these cushion thingies to the project box lid to keep the 9 volt battery from working back and forth when everything is mounted up and going.

DSC04776.jpg

Here is a shot of everything in place.

DSC04780.jpg

Here is the what the finished box looks like. o_O

DSC04781.jpg

Here is the backside with the mounting hardward protruding through. Also a little test to make sure everything is working as planned. smile.png

DSC04784.jpg

I mounted the boxes under the amp to keep everything looking nice and tidey.

DSC04790.jpg

Now the hard work, getting the sub out and out of the way to get into the box. Dang these bishes are heavy. I wish they'd offer a neo version of this beast. Hint, hint!

DSC04791.jpg

Here is the LED strip in place. I got the wiring thought the box. As an added measure of security I added dabs of hot glue to keep the LED strip in place.

DSC04795.jpg

Here is a shot of the LEDs in action.

DSC04797.jpg

smile.png

i whine every time i have to pull my shades... god i can not imagine what its like to pull those babies with no space to lift straight up.. that sucks.!!!

Sweet build, I really like the red port and LEDs.

i was lucky enough to catch hugo at a local show.. the suburban is nuckin futs i have never heard somthing so clean and loud at the same time.. amazing.. as always.. great job buddy

Edited by bigjon

Wow those vids look awesom!

Monte, just out of curiousity, why are you keeping the third seats? Have 8 kids lol j/k. But I would love to see what you could come up with as far as a design utilizing all that space you have behind the 2nd row.

Happy to see you got a few tokens of appreciation for your hard work!!

I really want your warhorse...

go hugo!

Thanks Dani. BTW, I love two word post that get edited. :P

i was lucky enough to catch hugo at a local show.. the suburban is nuckin futs i have never heard somthing so clean and loud at the same time.. amazing.. as always.. great job buddy

Holy smokes! Thanks for sharing BigJon. I really appreciate that man. I'm glad I was able to make it. Totally stoked you enjoyed the demo. Can't wait for the Austin show. :)

Wow those vids look awesom!

Monte, just out of curiousity, why are you keeping the third seats? Have 8 kids lol j/k. But I would love to see what you could come up with as far as a design utilizing all that space you have behind the 2nd row.

All the credit for the vids go to BigJon. Again thanks for sharing bro. :)

The third row is for when we have family visit. It makes it easier packing everybody in one car and taking them out. For the record I have three kids. :P

I, as well, am curious as to what more space would yield. Then again, a couple of mouse clicks later, one can see a site dedicated to such non-sense, for whom my subs are named after. At this point I would look to building a dedicated vehicle for such an adventure. The suburban, dare I say, is too nice and useful, as a family mover, to dedicate for this out landish behavior. If I were to go the dedicated vehicle route it'd have to be and sound just unreal to make it worth while. Time will only tell if I ever enbark on such a journey. :)

Happy to see you got a few tokens of appreciation for your hard work!!

I did, thanks. It's always fun to meet up at shows and share in the comradery. :) Winning tropheys and making show off vids is cool too. :P

I really want your warhorse...

Mine, mine, mine. :P

Onebadmonte is my herrrroooo... for reals though... always love your engineering applications when it comes to car audio. Gives us slightly above novice people something to strive for :D.

nicelly done man! looks like it hits pretty good.

Even in the videos it seems like it is very well mannered and has great clarity and output!

Awesome that you got best SQ with some huge smd woofers!!

Onebadmonte is my herrrroooo... for reals though... always love your engineering applications when it comes to car audio. Gives us slightly above novice people something to strive for biggrin.png.

Awe shucks. wub.png Thanks Loudizzzle. I'm glad to share what I know to help elevate the standard of excellence. :)

nicelly done man! looks like it hits pretty good.

:) Thanks bro. I'm glad it does what it can in the space I have. Any by golly I have a lot of space. :D

Even in the videos it seems like it is very well mannered and has great clarity and output!

I hope soon I can demo the setup for you. Clarity and output is what this setup is all about. :)

Awesome that you got best SQ with some huge smd woofers!!

One would think that the subs are overkill for SQ. In my eyes and from what I've seen it takes some serious motor force and tons of power to get the bass where it needs to be for SQ. Especially at the low listening levels. The subs are great. Under everyday driving conditions they blend well with all types of music. They are everything I could ever hope for and then some.

With the ups come the downs. Today was a bad day for me. I left work early because of a migraine. My girls are at home for the summer and I felt bad having them cooped up all day. I decided to take them out to the movies. This is what I came back to.

DSC04889.jpg

sad.png

A-holes jacked my POS Alpine Sat/Nav

DSC04891.jpg

They made a mess of the dash face trim

DSC04892.jpg

Fhawking amateurs left the Sat/Nav antenna and made a mess of the headrest monitor wiring. Luckily they left the factory radio connector intact. Idiots acting like if the knew what they were doing.

DSC04895.jpg

They also took the headrest monitors. sad.png

DSC04888.jpg

Jerks also poked some holes in the drivers seat. :\

DSC04890.jpg

This was probably the most heart breaking.

DSC04887.jpg

This hurt my girls more than anything because they were the ones asking to me to take them in the suburban. The radio is hardly up when they ride with me, they just like riding in it since they always see me working on it. I tried cheering them up by not getting all bent out of shape about it and making a scene. My words are a little lacking right now. I did show them this to let my girls know, and to all my friend here, that everything is gonna be all right.

DSC04897.jpg

smile.png

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Phucking hear breaking bro!!

gawd damn it!

Wow my heart is broken and it wasnt even my equipment :(

they didnt take the smds or warhorse??

smds prob not... but the warhorse....

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Phucking hear breaking bro!!

gawd damn it!

I know. :(

Wow my heart is broken and it wasnt even my equipment sad.png

they didnt take the smds or warhorse??

smds prob not... but the warhorse....

The warhorse and SMDs are still in tact. I make it a point to park in reverse up against a wall or something. They did think about it because one the barn doors was open. They wouldn't have stood a chance though. The whole box assembly weighs just under 500lbs. :P

Dammit man. I smell a rebuild!

well good to hear they couldnt get the subs or the big amp....

Dammit man. I smell a rebuild!

:) For now I'll get back to up and running. At least for Austin Heat Wave. :P

My heard too like, bursted in tears, so sad man :(

Y u no haz alarm?!!!!!!

Though that woudn't have stoped them,but you never know.

My heard too like, bursted in tears, so sad man sad.png

Y u no haz alarm?!!!!!!

Though that woudn't have stoped them,but you never know.

Yup it sux.

No alarm. I had a really bad experience with one. No excuse though, I should've had one. :(

Sorry to hear man. It sucks to put hard work into a build for it to be jacked.