onebadmonte

A Suburban A Warhorse and a Pair of SMDeez

love the way you work hugo, always so on point... never any short cuts. and always a excellent execution !!!

Thanks. You know me. I'm an old man so I've got to take my time and do it right. At my age there might not be a next time. tongue.png

show pics of the warhorse smile.png

DSC02982.jpg

biggrin.png

hehe very nice !!

cant wait to see this finished :)

you better post vids :P

looks good !

nice subs and did you buy the warhorse off RAY or knowledge ?? they were selling one brand new for $1100 ???

hehe very nice !!

cant wait to see this finished smile.png

you better post vids tongue.png

Will do. :)

nice subs and did you buy the warhorse off RAY or knowledge ?? they were selling one brand new for $1100 ???

No, I picked mine up from Audiosavings when they were closing them out. Same price tho. :) Shipped even. :o

looks good !

Looking great Hugo!

Thanks fellas.

More progress on the way this evening. Woot, woot! :D

hehe very nice !!

cant wait to see this finished smile.png

you better post vids tongue.png

Will do. smile.png

No, I picked mine up from Audiosavings when they were closing them out. Same price tho. smile.png Shipped even. ohmy.png

looks good !

Looking great Hugo!

Thanks fellas.

More progress on the way this evening. Woot, woot! biggrin.png

hell yea thats a deal right thorre lol

Up next, work on the plexiglass. The plexiglass is half inch thick. Since it's a small window opening I figure it'll be good. tongue.png As for cutting the plexiglass I used the trusty ol' table saw.

DSC04262.jpg

Once the glass was cut I laid out the mounting hole locations.

DSC04317.jpg

I started the holes with a brad tip drill. Since my free hand drill isn't worth a damn I decided to try a guide to keep the holes straight. Here is a pic of the silly contraption I used.biggrin.png

DSC04319.jpg

Once the holes were drilled I installed the threaded inserts. I'll be using 10-32 machine screws along the narrow edge and 1/4-20 bolts on the far end.

DSC04323.jpg

To get the holes in the plexiglass I'll be match drilling the holes through the box panel. I mocked up the box side and clamp down the plexiglass.

DSC04325.jpg

I first drilled a pilot hole using the insert in the panel as a guide. I was extra careful not to booger up any of the threads in the insert. To drill the actual through hole in the plexiglass I used my little ol' drill press. A tip for drilling plexiglass, use the fastest speed as possible. If not the drill will grab when it breaks through and make a mess of things.

DSC04324.jpg

Here is a shot of the plexiglass test fit.

DSC04326.jpg

smile.png

Never get tired of seeing your projects. Well thought out and great attention to detail. Looking forward to seeing this enclosure come together!!

Hugo, its gonna be ready by next weekend? There's a show here. I'll have the Camaro and Jon will have the Lincoln

Very nice attention to detail. This is going to be a sweet box when it's finished.

Never get tired of seeing your projects. Well thought out and great attention to detail. Looking forward to seeing this enclosure come together!!

Thanks fellas. I sure hope this box comes out as good as I envisioned it. The pressure is on now for sure. :D

Hugo, its gonna be ready by next weekend? There's a show here. I'll have the Camaro and Jon will have the Lincoln

Next weekend, yes. Shoot me the show info maybe I can make it. Nothing better than rolling with the big dogs. :)

Looking great as usual, keep it up mistah. trink40.gif

Bullydog show

FunPlex Facility

13700 Beechnut Street

Houston, TX 77083

9-5

Bullydog show

FunPlex Facility

13700 Beechnut Street

Houston, TX 77083

9-5

ohhh shit, hugo we can roll out together convoy style let me know.

this may have the workings to be " EPIC" Texas style

Edited by bigjon

Bullydog show

FunPlex Facility

13700 Beechnut Street

Houston, TX 77083

9-5

ohhh shit, hugo we can roll out together convoy style let me know.

this may have the workings to be " EPIC" Texas style

Now your talkin'! Woot, woot! I've even got a nice trucker cap for the occasion. Plastic mesh in the back with woven straw front and bill. Definetly gonna be epic. I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks for the heads up Steve. :)

This will be very nice. I love detailed quality builds and they are far and few between. Keep up the good work.

This will be very nice. I love detailed quality builds and they are far and few between. Keep up the good work.

i agree... but with hugo its all you will see....

hes the kinda man that if its worth doing.. its worth doing correctly and perfectly.

its amazing because he puts so much detail into things that will just be covered up! no one will ever see them.. but they are amazing in quality and craftsmanship .... even his commuter car is fucking nuts with not only sound.. but attention to detail.

you can look at something simple and think.. hey not that hard.. looks simple enough.. but if you only knew the steps it would BLOW YOUR mind. i remember the first time i see the door pods in the cream puff. i think they are 8's... everything was painstaking cut PERRRRFECTLY, as to make it look like it belongs there some how..

but if you know hugo he takes it all in stride, never brags never boast just smiles........

your the man hugo!!

You da man hugo!!

i agree... but with hugo its all you will see....

hes the kinda man that if its worth doing.. its worth doing correctly and perfectly.

its amazing because he puts so much detail into things that will just be covered up! no one will ever see them.. but they are amazing in quality and craftsmanship .... even his commuter car is fucking nuts with not only sound.. but attention to detail.

you can look at something simple and think.. hey not that hard.. looks simple enough.. but if you only knew the steps it would BLOW YOUR mind. i remember the first time i see the door pods in the cream puff. i think they are 8's... everything was painstaking cut PERRRRFECTLY, as to make it look like it belongs there some how..

but if you know hugo he takes it all in stride, never brags never boast just smiles........

your the man hugo!!

You da man hugo!!

Thanks for the exceptionally kind words fellas, especially BigJon. This is a great community to be a part of and to be able to hang out with some of the people I've met here like BigJon and SteveMead make it that much more special. Thanks guys, for all the support and advice, alot of this is in part because of you guys. Thanks. My hats of you to you all.

Today I modify the mounting provisions of my subs. It might sound a little silly to do this, but I think something more than just a hand full of #10 wood screws should be used to mount these subs. Oh, and one other thing, I'm ditching the ugly rubber gasket. :D

So here is the mounting flange and surround.

DSC04385.jpg

The carnage, make him stop. :D

DSC04386.jpg

Mounting provision cleaned up. Nice and tidey. :)

DSC04384.jpg

Mounting hardware in place. Looking good. :D

DSC04373.jpg

:)

OUCH!!! 99761bf094170dc6a2f97b8883cb9c6c.jpg

whatcha gonna do for a gasket?

whatcha gonna do for a gasket?

I'm gonna do a thin foam on the underside of the subs mounting flange. The box is going to be carpeted as well so it'll help sealing it up. Plus it's a ported box. It's got a big hole on it's side, how air tight does it need to be? :P

get this thing bumpin!