onebadmonte

A Suburban A Warhorse and a Pair of SMDeez

It has begun. For those not familiar here is a recap:

http://www.soundsolu...of-double-dees/

smile.png For now this is just a box and sub replacement, and everything that comes with it. biggrin.png

The goods:

DSC04054.jpg

DSC04031.jpg

DSC04075.jpg

The box design:

d5c60e2e.png

Estimated frequency response graph. O_o

885f3253.png

I decided to spruce up the box design just a bit by adding some windows. Just a little something to show off the insanity of the sub's motor design. It's not eveyday you get to see something this gonzo nuts. biggrin.png

a2989768.jpg

Here is a little test of the line of site. The red strip represents where the sub will be. You might have to close one eye to get the full effect in person. tongue.png

c787e9d6.jpg

More on the way. smile.png

Tuned in bro

looks like its going to be pretty impressive. should be interesting to ride in there now

Tuned in bro

Thanks. Hoping for some win with this one. :D

looks like its going to be pretty impressive. should be interesting to ride in there now

I hope so. Thanks for stopping by. :)

Back from the dead! Looking foward to this!

i know you worked on this box Saturday... how much did you get done? pics pics pics.

this is gonna be nuts,

me and dani ended up coming down Saturday last moment and i didn't want to be that guy.. so i figured another time...

*side note* when looking at the subs, danis first words.."damn look at that carpet.. its always so clean and perfect!.. oh look at those subs.... " in that order!!

it was funny to me.

cant wait to see more pics :)

good stuff!!!

Looks interesting. I'm watching sir.

Nice planning!

Have you used PWK before?

Back from the dead! Looking foward to this!

[Dracula Voice] Muahahah, I vant to sauck your bass, hahahah![/Dracula Voice]

i know you worked on this box Saturday... how much did you get done? pics pics pics.

this is gonna be nuts,

me and dani ended up coming down Saturday last moment and i didn't want to be that guy.. so i figured another time...

*side note* when looking at the subs, danis first words.."damn look at that carpet.. its always so clean and perfect!.. oh look at those subs.... " in that order!!

it was funny to me.

Hey now, don't be leaking any inside info. :P The pics will slowly start trickling in on the progress. :)

Thanks for noticing the carpet Dani. It's really the only clean spot in the house. :P

cant wait to see more pics smile.png

good stuff!!!

I'm tuned in Sir ...

Looks interesting. I'm watching sir.

I want to see that.

Tuned in !

Thanks fellas.

Nice planning!

Have you used PWK before?

I have. The boxes work. :)

i dont post much on this forum like i should but i love your builds

Thanks, I appreciate that.

i have a design from PWK a client sent me and it is the exact same, pics and graph... but for DD subs... lol

Oh well, should be nice once it is all installed. Where is the videos at? haha

BTW I do like the window idea and the small circles. Should be a nice addition to how it looks overall.

Edited by pro-rabbit

i have a design from PWK a client sent me and it is the exact same, pics and graph... but for DD subs... lol

Oh well, should be nice once it is all installed. Where is the videos at? haha

BTW I do like the window idea and the small circles. Should be a nice addition to how it looks overall.

Lol, not much to ported boxes. You've seen one, you've seen them all. Interesting about the graph though.

I do hope the windows work out though, I'm really looking forward to showing off the motors on these subs. :)

Awesome!

I've been gone so long and didn't see your first build in the burban, this should be insane!

I started working on cutting the windows on the front side panel. I opted to change up from the circular windows to a pair of verticle slots on each side of the panel. I laid out the hole locations on the panel.

55ef6411.jpg

With holes cut in the panels as the ends of the slots I used a buddy's fancy little dremel router.

0914954f.jpg

Needless to say that was a big waste of time. Stupid thing wouldn't track straight worth a damn. I roughed out the slots with a jigsaw. After a bit of thinking I came up with using a router with bearing guided bit. I used another of the boxes panels as a guide with some sockets to pick up the tangent points of the slots.

ec2e81b0.jpg

Here is the panel with the guide setup ready for the cut.

d54563ae.jpg

The router ready for action.

77f847ea.jpg

The first cut finished.

964a8c74.jpg

I used the port brace as the guide for the opposite side since I needed a shorter piece. Here is a side shot of the setup just before the cut.

a13de326.jpg

Before starting the cut a quick verification that nothing is gonna hit. Last thing I want is to be caught off guard while handling a 20,000 rpm router.

0bbedf58.jpg

The finished slots. smile.png

911b1228.jpg

Thanks for looking. smile.png

good luck with the warhorse

No problem. It worked like a champ pushing the Double Deez.

Awesome!

I've been gone so long and didn't see your first build in the burban, this should be insane!

Glad to see your back. No worries this build is gonna be a litte shorter. The end is near. :P

Looking good so far! Keep up the updates!

Looking good so far! Keep up the updates!

That's a big 10-4 on the request good buddy. Thanks for the compliment. Over and out. :D

love the way you work hugo, always so on point... never any short cuts. and always a excellent execution !!!

show pics of the warhorse :)

What's up everybody?

Making a little progress today. Got all the wood cut and ready to go.

9fab8507.jpg

Can you say forty-fives?

6d6a0601.jpg

How about some radius-us?...Radii? biggrin.png

42f953ee.jpg

Time to double up the baffle.

1db55448.jpg

Oh no! Glue on the garage floor. Yes! It's not a build till something gets spilled.

57599451.jpg

Thanks.