Sign in to follow this  
Dan208

Stupid question (Dcon price)

I feel really dumb asking this, but are the prices on the Dcon what they always are? I can't remember from when I bought my first Dcon, but they seem to be lower than I remember. If that's the case, then I know what I'll be getting for my birthday (a 12" this time).

I can't recall what the prices have been in the past, but they're definitely worth what is asked for them. My sister has a single 12" DCON in her Durango and it's totally amazing for it's price and power rating.

SSA FTW!

I can't recall what the prices have been in the past, but they're definitely worth what is asked for them. My sister has a single 12" DCON in her Durango and it's totally amazing for it's price and power rating.

SSA FTW!

I regret ever selling my 10". The box just took up too much space. I should have sold the box and kept the Dcon. I'll be going sealed this time, which is why I'm thinking the 12".

Hey Dan, we actually pinched the price down a while ago, but the prices have not changed upward on the Dcon............yet. If you are thinking sealed, take a peak at the new Gcon. :)

If you're looking at sealed and if you have more than 300 watts on tap to run it with a GCON could be a better solution. I love the performance of the DCON's, but with the output difference that's inherent between sealed and ported enclosures, using something with a bit more power would likely be needed if you're looking to increase the output over the 10" DCON ported. If you're not that worried about having any more output then it should be just fine and I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions on the DCON in a sealed enclosure.

Aaron beat me to the GCON recommendation....

Edited by Alton

I've only got 250 watts and the Gcon is at the very top end of my budget (wouldn't have any left for a box). Otherwise I'd love to get one. The output of the 10" Dcon ported was insane for what it was and I'm not really looking for more (at least not until I win the lottery :) ). I've always ran sealed in the past and in crappy boxes, and they did the job, so I think a single 12" Dcon in a quality sealed box would suit me just fine.