Julian Sanchez

Sa8 V2 box plans

0.6 - 0.75ft^3 net and tune around 33-38hz

im building a box for them same subs my box is .5 cubic feet after port and sub displacement and is tuned to 31 herts its a split box its 27in long 12 deep 16 high and has a larg port area i have yet to build it tho

Edited by tkev77

I did a lot of research on these when I was first thinking about installing them in my Jetta. I was looking for a solution that would have good output with a small footprint. What I found out however was that the required space for these are so small, and the tuning frequencies are so low, that the port takes up so much space, (internally or externally) that it would be wiser to go with a larger speaker. Which is what I ended up doing. I now have two slot ported SA-10s in the same box space that would have been needed for 1 SA-8. Once you get the air space required for about 4 SA-8s you start getting a short enough port that most of the box won't be port.

In a SUV or extended cab truck, I would probably go t-line if it modeled out ok. That way the footprint would be long and skinny and not interfere with too much cargo area.

So if you are limited on power, but not on space, this might be the ideal woofer. I wish they were optimized for use in a sealed enclosure.