I installed my Alpine 9887 the other day and plan to mostly use my Samsung Galaxy to play music with it. I bought an AI-net to 3.5mm jack to plug the galaxy to where the CD changer would normally plug into. Here's the problem; it plays music, but no matter what source I have selected on the 9887, so it plays over the CD if the deck is playing a CD. If i select AUX in on the deck it only plays the Galaxy's music, but my subs don't seem to be playing at all.

I've got AUX turned "on" on the deck, and the digital AUX turned "off". Sub level is turned up to 15, they play fine while playing CDs.

Would swapping my AI-net -> 3.5mm jack to a AI-net -> female RCAs and adding an RCA -> 3.5mm jack fix this issue possibly?

For visual, i have something like this plugged in now:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3cb564c57f

What I'm thinking may help this issue would be switching to one of these with a RCA -> 3.5mm jack

http://www.ebay.com/...=item43a0291e32

If the coard isn't the issue, any idea which setting needs to be changed to have the MP3 player only play when the AUX source is selected, with my subs playing as well?

those two wires are essentually the same thing.

if the 9887 is simlar to the 9855 that i used in my bro's install then i think there is an aux sensitivity setting you could play with.

check your phone doesnt have some sort of EQ setting turned on.

figured they were the same thing, but worth a shot.

Oh, another thing, when the galaxy is plugged in, the volume on the deck doesn't change output, only on the phone itself does the volume change. Any way to make it the deck volume? That's how it was on my old set up. Kind of inconvienent.

Just tried with my zune, same thing. While in AUX mode changing the xover features doesn't change the sound. Changing these settings only changes the sound while in CD mode. Must be a setting I have wrong, or the deck itself isn't able to do what I want, which seems unlikely.

So the things I would like to change, if possible, is being able to control the volume and xover settings while using an mp3 player with the deck, and to have sub output while using the mp3 player. Anyone know of something that would be a possibly solution to either or both of these?

found this from another website

with Alpine's tech support and it seems that I wasn't the first one to inquire on this because he handed me the answer straight away. The KCE-236B is only compatible with 2008+ models which the 9887 is not, (even though they say it is on the web site...). Anyway, the HU needs to have the AUX+ option on it and the 9887 doesn't so I have to go with the RCA adapter it seems and then a converter to a headphone jack. According to Grampi in the previous post that doesn't seem to work so good either so it seems I'll have to get an Ipod...

Next time, I'll call Alpine before buying any addon product I can't find any clear info on.

Thanks everybody!

:suicide-santa:

A sticker on the deck says it's a 2009 model, but who knows.. Do you have the link to that forum still, by chance? Would be nice to read the rest of it.

I JUST bought the galaxy a couple weeks ago. Don't like Ipods. I called Alpine yesterday and they told me I need the RCA jack from the AI-net plug in. Worth a shot, I guess. I have some free e-bay money anyways.

Update if anyone comes across this same problem. Took the deck out and flipped the aux. switch on the bottom back to "normal". Fixed everything i wanted to. The new cable didn't do anything different, I'll stick with my single wire Ai-net to 3.5mm for the flexability. Hope this one helps someone! hsughexile.gif