Aaron Clinton

Interest inquiry: Real Carbon Fiber Dust Caps

Since this is nothing more than cosmetic, I don't see a reason why you shouldn't offer it if people would pay for it.

Since this is nothing more than cosmetic, I don't see a reason why you shouldn't offer it if people would pay for it

I agree. I wouldn't chose the option myself, but it would be a nice feature to offer as many options as possible. As long as having to stock more options won't raise the price on the woofers that are "stock".

Since this is nothing more than cosmetic, I don't see a reason why you shouldn't offer it if people would pay for it.

Exactly. If full cone and cap can happen, we will pursue that too.

If we already have a speaker will be able to order on at the store?

Edited by pmureika

I wouldn't bother with cones. CF that thin won't handle flex well, and paper is too good and cheap. Just my opinion though.

I would be interested. Since you were able to modify the lettering Duran, would you be able to place anything within reason on a per person deal?

I wouldn't bother with cones. CF that thin won't handle flex well, and paper is too good and cheap. Just my opinion though.

I can make it much stronger than pulp paper. :)

I would be interested. Since you were able to modify the lettering Duran, would you be able to place anything within reason on a per person deal?

On a case by case basis that is do-able, of course the custom sticker will add cost.

I can make it much stronger than pulp paper. smile.png

I realize that, but it's not necessary. I can't see any application that would warrant a CF cone, not to mention nothing sounds better than paper, but we won't get into that discussion.

And with strength comes lively resonances. Everything is a trade-off. There is something particularly great about paper. Doesn't mean that the sex appeal of CF doesn't exist.

most of my interior will be wrapped in faux cf vinyl so the cones and caps would look sick in my car. would there be any SPL loss by using cones. would they be heavier?

most of my interior will be wrapped in faux cf vinyl so the cones and caps would look sick in my car. would there be any SPL loss by using cones. would they be heavier?

I can get a strength increase while decreasing weight, less moving mass should increase SPL.

In my personal opinion, I do not like it. To me it seems a little flashy almost. But I do enjoy the idea of having it as an upgrade item for those that would enjoy it.

In my personal opinion, I do not like it. To me it seems a little flashy almost. But I do enjoy the idea of having it as an upgrade item for those that would enjoy it.

Yes, it is a little bit of a departure from our mostly all black appearance. :)

Anymore info on this? I'm reconing soon and would love to rock the new caps.

Anymore info on this? I'm reconing soon and would love to rock the new caps.

We still are talking about doing it, just so much stuff on the plate to knock out first.

Well maybe next time.

Well maybe next time.

How soon were you thinking?

I'm ordering with mark tomorrow.I need to change my current D2s to D1s.

The next ones.... Hopefully never.