Sign in to follow this  
Austin863

Question

What would be the ideal place to put my sub in my van? Right behind my seat facing the back doors or turned around facing me i think i'm going to have the box sealed im not sure yet.

There isn't a single position that works best (loudest) for all vehicles, but generally it will be louder the further back you put it. I would try aiming the driver towards the rear doors (firing to the rear).

You may also find that it's louder firing up, so with that in mind I would try moving the box around and listening for any noticeable difference.

Alright cool i was told about putting it right behind my seat facing the back then the sound would travel back and bounce back to me then it would be pretty loud? but thanks ill try that!

Alright cool i was told about putting it right behind my seat facing the back then the sound would travel back and bounce back to me then it would be pretty loud? but thanks ill try that!

Just try all the possible combinations you can. :)

Aggreed with stefan. It can take many hours just to find the sweet spot in your paticular setup. Just move that sucker around to you find your liking.

I've not tried it myself so I don't know if it works or not.

I've heard that you should place the woofer where you sit, then move around the "room" until you find the loudest spot.

Then place the woofer there.

This was in reference to home theater not car stereos.

If it works in a car at all, I'd assume it only aplies an open cabin not a car with a trunk.

Edited by cobra93