Ok, I bought a 2k last June-July and started buying the other stuff for my install. So long story short I got everything installed Monday. At first my amp was fine it protected one time the first day I had it, but I thought that was because I hit a big bump on the freeway. Tuesday I was heading back to the shop that did my install for them to finish my big 3 or 5 actually. So as I went to leave my amp protects. I restart the truck and start beating on it again and 30-40 sec later it protects. I call Navid and he says it might be my Bass Knob so I unplug it and beat on it with the car off and it plays fine. I played it for a min or two fine. Then I go for a drive with the bass knob unhooked it protects more than once. I made a vid for Navid to look at. So the day after that I start to think it was the way the amp my be wired. The shop used both of the positives and both of the negative inputs. I rewired it with both negatives in the far left negative and both positives in the far right positive. I ran it like that yesterday and earlier today and it was fine (but both times I remote started my car so the voltage had already went down to 14.9). Then I went to go to the bank. I start the truck voltage at 15.1 I pull out the garage and start beating on it. My voltage slowly rises to 15.3-15.4 as my truck is PCM controlled and when it is cold it starts at 15.1 and goes up to 15.4 and slowly comes down to 14.4 or so. So as I was saying I beat on it for 30 seconds get to the stop sign to turn out my naborhood and no bass my votage is 15.4. I pull into CVS and restart the car and let it ideal for a bit and my votage goes down to 14.7-14.9 ok good. I start beating on it fine all the way to the bank. Leave the bank and I had a thought (" what if the amp cuts off from my votage") So I restart the car and my voltage goes to 15.1 and goes up to 15.3 and I start beating on system not 30 secs later amp cuts off and voltage says 15.4. So idk what the problem is. The shop doesn't know what the problem is and I don't have another amp I could drop in. HELP PLZ :(

Edited by Fearz

Well, if I remember reading correctly on their other forum some mentioned issues with higher voltages having some slight issues.. But I think he was trying to run 16v or higher not 100%... May just be a piece of wire touching at the input terminals .. I had that happen but it didn't protect but the wire sparked a bit...

Well, if I remember reading correctly on their other forum some mentioned issues with higher voltages having some slight issues.. But I think he was trying to run 16v or higher not 100%... May just be a piece of wire touching at the input terminals .. I had that happen but it didn't protect but the wire sparked a bit...

I don't see any wire touching. I'm feed up with this as I'm sick already then this happened. I didn't sleep at all last night. I just can't figure it out.

Edited by Fearz

Maybe when my voltage goes to 15.3 or so it thinks I'm trying to run 16volt then when it goes down to 14.7 or so it thinks it's to much voltage drop? I don't know just taking a shot in the dark here.

Edited by Fearz

what head unit?

what head unit?

Stock with a PAC

Also to add at first I thought it was the remote wire. So I ran a wire straight from the batt to a switch to the remote on the amp.

what are you using to read voltage?

How long has the amp ever played before protect?

when it goes in protect, is it always playing loud?

Check ohm load at speaker terminal.

Does amp go in protect if headunit is put on pause after a period of time?

what head unit?

Stock with a PAC

check your input voltage ..... on the RCAs.. if its over 6 volts i dont think that amp will take it.

What coils are your subs and how are they wired. I see you say you are using both positive and both negative terminals on the amp. Is that correct?

what are you using to read voltage?

Stinger volt meter set with DMM

How long has the amp ever played before protect?

30secs to 45 min or more

when it goes in protect, is it always playing loud?

No

Check ohm load at speaker terminal.

1.3-1.4 and the internal resistance of my meter is .4

Does amp go in protect if headunit is put on pause after a period of time?

Don't have a pause button I use radio or AUX jack.

Edited by Fearz

ok, 30sec to 45min and not always loud.

Do this-

Play sound at vol.2, very low volume and see if it ever goes in protect.

If it DOES, unplug RCAs and leave amp on and see if it ever goes into protect.

what head unit?

Stock with a PAC

check your input voltage ..... on the RCAs.. if its over 6 volts i dont think that amp will take it.

How do I check it? I saw on a Rockford vid that my factory HU clips at 8 something volts, but they were installing a 3.sixty

What coils are your subs and how are they wired. I see you say you are using both positive and both negative terminals on the amp. Is that correct?

I'll post a pic of how it's wired now. And in the vid you can see how they wired it.

Vid is private on a friends YouTube

Edited by Fearz

nm...it was on mobile view for some reason

Edited by liljestrand

ok, 30sec to 45min and not always loud.

Do this-

Play sound at vol.2, very low volume and see if it ever goes in protect.

If it DOES, unplug RCAs and leave amp on and see if it ever goes into protect.

The vid my answer the 2 vol question as I believe it did protect at vol 2 or 4 that day.

I'll go unplug and see what happens.

play a test tone, crank it to your highest listing volume , take a DMM set it on 12 v DC and put the red on the middle of the male and the black on the outside jacket of the rca and vuala RCA voltage

nm...it was on mobile view for some reason

I told him make it public just now so he texted me back saying he did.

play a test tone, crank it to your highest listing volume , take a DMM set it on 12 v DC and put the red on the middle of the male and the black on the outside jacket of the rca and vuala RCA voltage

Just use one RCA?

Music is alternating current. He'll need to set it to AC, not DC.doindadomodance.gif

I'd be suspect of the protection circuitry in the amp.

Music is alternating current. He'll need to set it to AC, not DC.doindadomodance.gif

Just use 1 RCA?

I'm thinking its that wiring. do you know how the subs are wired going to the speaker terminals on the box?

I'd be suspect of the protection circuitry in the amp.

That's what I'm thinking I mean it is a first Run. Any body know a cheap amp I could maybe try and take back? Or anyone nearby want to mess around with it?

good call.