You paid a professional to install this and it isn't correct, so they should be doing the troubleshooting for you. I'm still betting on a faulting OV circuit.

You paid a professional to install this and it isn't correct, so they should be doing the troubleshooting for you. I'm still betting on a faulting OV circuit.

They did two whole days of troubleshooting. They think it's the amp too, but the only amp they had was a D9 and I didn't want to mess it up and then have to pay for it because it's his personal amp.

When I'm charging at 12.8 to 14.9 amp is fine and I can beat the shit out of it.

Edited by Fearz

Also one day I was hoping of running 16volt, but this amps seems to finicky. I really do agree on the circuit being the culprit. If its not. I'm done. :(

Edited by Fearz

Update: no speakers or RCA's connected. Start the truck pull out the garage boom PROTECT. voltage 15.4. I then made a vid of it in protect with the speakers unplugged and no RCA's.

What alternator are you running?

What alternator are you running?

Stock PCM controlled. When I start the truck it sits at 15.0-15.1 then when I put it in drive it slowly goes up to 15.4-15.5 for about a min then settles down to 13.8-14.4. Sometimes when I'm on the freeway it can sit at 12.8. That's just how the PCM works on these GM's.

Also I think the 2k are supposed to work on 16.8 volts? I'm a ways from that even at start up.

Edited by Fearz

Just looking over the manual.

The BC2000D can safely accept DC voltage up to 18v.

It's making me wonder, if it were voltage related, if Tirefryr is right in that the buildhouse may have accidentally put a safety protect threshold set for 12v amps instead of 18v amps...

12v amps can go in protect between 15.5-16.0v.

I would honestly just contact CA and see if they can get you a fixreplacement.

You'll be out $~20 in shipping but at least you should get a full working amp back.

Just looking over the manual.

The BC2000D can safely accept DC voltage up to 18v.

It's making me wonder, if it were voltage related, if Tirefryr is right in that the buildhouse may have accidentally put a safety protect threshold set for 12v amps instead of 18v amps...

12v amps can go in protect between 15.5-16.0v.

I would honestly just contact CA and see if they can get you a fixreplacement.

You'll be out $~20 in shipping but at least you should get a full working amp back.

Shipping is not a problem for a working amp. I left 2 messages and made a thread on C**O since it seems Crescendo and Jon are still more active over there. I will call tommorow as I think they are closed weekends.

Also Shizzz your right it is 18v in my manual. I thought it was 16.8

ff41684d.jpg

Edited by Fearz

That is pretty crazy if 15.4v is putting it into protection. It sounded like a speaker wire may have been shorting to the basket or another wire or something, but with everything unplugged, I guess that can't be a reason. I would think most amplifiers would not have any problem if the alternator voltage jumps to 15.4. My PCM controlled truck all the time while playing my system loud and have never once had either amp go into protect. Interested to see what CA says if he sends it back....

That is pretty crazy if 15.4v is putting it into protection. It sounded like a speaker wire may have been shorting to the basket or another wire or something, but with everything unplugged, I guess that can't be a reason. I would think most amplifiers would not have any problem if the alternator voltage jumps to 15.4. My PCM controlled truck all the time while playing my system loud and have never once had either amp go into protect. Interested to see what CA says if he sends it back....

Me too my friend. I remember the first time I gave a demo. The guy saw my voltage at 15.2 at start up and was like "is this a 14volt truck" lol

Well, that guy is retarded because 14v batts need over 16.0v for proper operation.

Also, i'm curious about your vehicle charging so high in general..

Does it only do it at first start or does it also jump over 15.0v under load?

I'd be curious to know because if it likes to jump over 15v during play, it can cause longterm damage to AGM batteries when large current is tied together with that voltage.

Well, that guy is retarded because 14v batts need over 16.0v for proper operation.

Also, i'm curious about your vehicle charging so high in general..

Does it only do it at first start or does it also jump over 15.0v under load?

I'd be curious to know because if it likes to jump over 15v during play, it can cause longterm damage to AGM batteries when large current is tied together with that voltage.

Yeah. I know he was some random guy at the shop that day.

When I start the truck it stays at 15.1-15.2 then put it in drive it goes up to 15.4-15.5 then comes down to 14.4 or 13.8 or so. It doesn't happen underload and I'm scared about it even charging at 15.4 at start up. I'm trying to save money to get a dual alt setup so I can charge at 14.9 at all times with no worries about my stock alt voltage.

Edited by Fearz

Is it really over 15 volts or is the voltage gauge just not calibrated?

Is it really over 15 volts or is the voltage gauge just not calibrated?

Really over 15 volts. Read off the calibrated stinger meter or straight from the DMM when I can see it.

Your alternator is factory?

Yes sir PCM controlled?

It only reads that high for a min or 2

Ok so triple checked my stinger meter with my DMM stinger was off .2 to high so I adjusted it. Drove the truck around the block and still saw 15.3 volts then settled to 13.9-14.0.

After the drive I double checked with DMM with the truck still running and they are dead on.

Edited by Fearz

Got a call from Navid this morning. He said that first runs don't like above 15.0 so that's my problem. He said he will put a new diode on the board so it can take up to 16.6. Amp shipped back this morning. :)

:lol:

Edited by Fearz

Amp will be there Wednesday. Need Sound Again

bananaDance.gif

Edited by Fearz

It's a horrible, empty feeling isn't it?.....

J/k, being bass-less does suck though.

I keep turning my bass up on the stock stereo trying to get some kick out of it. Lol

I even considered buying a cheap amp just to run in the mean time.

Got the amp back from Nendo. It's doing workkkkkk.

Thanks Navid

Edited by Fearz

NICE! now you don't wanna buy a 3500d?

I keep turning my bass up on the stock stereo trying to get some kick out of it. Lol

I had the same feeling when I was addicted to heroine--I feel your pain.

Apparently drugs mess up your spelling as well.

Apparently drugs mess up your spelling as well.

Heroic women are very addictive...Gotta love a chick that can save the day.