Wow, Sorry for the blow up on my last post lol I was trying to find out a little more about the SSA woofers. I read great things about them on these forums, and what Fi has to do with manufacturing couldn't matter less to me.

I joined this site after I placed my order for my SSD 10s. I was really not familiar with either companies, but I just happen to stumble across both brands while looking for drivers for my new vehicle.

Now, all that aside, not looking for another locked topic. My original questions was how the new G-Cons would compare to the SSD drivers. I know they are new, and there prob isn't much for customer reviews. My main question I was looking for was where do they fit in compared to other drivers out there? I am getting ready for another build, and was going to use SSD's once again, but then I received an email about the new G-Cons which are similarly priced. The price is right for what I am doing, but was looking for some suggestions or ideas for drivers in that price range and thought I'd take first look at the new G-Con. Since I've never seen or heard any other SSA woofers, the only thing I have to compare to are my two daily drivers. one of which is SSD10's in a vented enclosure, and the other that is an Alpine Type R 10 driver.

That being said I guess, what are some of the targeted competition for the G-Con, and in that price range is there one that may be considered "better" than another? I am very happy with my SSD woofers, but wouldn't be against trying something new.

Thanks

price and rms comparissons would be the sundown sa, skar vvx....ect.

600-750w range, same target demographic

you can search similar drivers in the store at the top of the page.

SSA store carries IA, Skar, Sundown, AA and

you would probably not notice a difference between the 2 subs but the newest model SSD is rated to handle more power.

Id prefer a USA built driver. From what I've read the SA woofers are imported. It looks like the SSD may actually be more efficient than the Gcon? the spec is negligible, but would it be safe to say they would provide about the same output at the same 750 watts??

but would it be safe to say they would provide about the same output at the same 750 watts??

Yes

If you are happy there is no reason to change. Sometimes curiosity can break your wallet.

I purchased a Gcon 15 and i'm super exited for it to get here and to hear it. i have heard the ssd's before so ill be sure to post a comparison when i get my gcon!

I purchased a Gcon 15 and i'm super exited for it to get here and to hear it. i have heard the ssd's before so ill be sure to post a comparison when i get my gcon!

having heard one.. and comparing it is not a fair review

if you are going to compare them then you would want to do a direct swap

The SSD is an excellent sub woofer, ESPECIALLY for the money, no getting around that. Now, it does sit a power class up from the Gcon (as power is an easy way for people to classify different sub woofers). The specs on the two drivers show the differing intention. The Gcon is somewhat similar the the original Icon. Both drivers are top notch choices, just need to clarify your goals based off of your power, space, music etc.

I have had dcons,icons,xcons,ssd's, skars and two ssd with a aq2200d amp got loud as did the icons and xcons. I think you made a good choice if you ordered them already.adhd.gif

having heard one.. and comparing it is not a fair review

if you are going to compare them then you would want to do a direct swap

He heard the 2 I had in my truck which would not be a fair comparison. I would not let him do something that was not fair, he is super excited about getting his GCON.

He heard the 2 I had in my truck which would not be a fair comparison. I would not let him do something that was not fair, he is super excited about getting his GCON.

He should be, he is going to be even more excited once he hears it.

Id prefer a USA built driver. From what I've read the SA woofers are imported. It looks like the SSD may actually be more efficient than the Gcon? the spec is negligible, but would it be safe to say they would provide about the same output at the same 750 watts??

Depends on the enclosure, and what bandwidth you are referring to.

As I said in the locked thread, the Gcon is more sealed enclosure oriented, the SSD is more ported oriented. The Gcon leans towards larger enclosures than the SSD.

So, for example, if you were looking to use a sealed enclosure the Gcon would be a little better option & would have more output over most of the bandwidth compared to the SSD.

As I said in the locked thread, the Gcon is more sealed enclosure oriented, the SSD is more ported oriented. The Gcon leans towards larger enclosures than the SSD.

So, for example, if you were looking to use a sealed enclosure the Gcon would be a little better option & would have more output over most of the bandwidth compared to the SSD.

Out of curiosity...say I'm in the market for a budget HT setup. Which sub would do better tuned to say...the high teens for movies?

Don't mean to threadjack, just something I had been wondering.

Out of curiosity...say I'm in the market for a budget HT setup. Which sub would do better tuned to say...the high teens for movies?

Don't mean to threadjack, just something I had been wondering.

None of the above. Pick a different driver.

None of the above. Pick a different driver.

In the back of my head, I kind of figured that...but I do want to hear a GCON in person though and need a good excuse to own one.

Back to the topic at hand!

Edited by An-i-no