naughtyca

E12d4 on BRZ 1700.1d

If you apply more than recommended power to a subwoofer you are risking failure. Period. Your buddy's uncle's friend's third cousin might have powered them with more power without issue, but that doesn't inherently mean you're now "in the clear". The enclosure, musical content, listening habits, system settings, etc etc all play a part of the equation.

If Jacob wanted to recommend users apply 650w+ per driver on a regular basis, that's how he would have rated them. Instead he rated them @ 400w. So what does that tell you? I admittedly could very well be wrong, but I would be surprised if Jacob came in here & recommended you apply 50%+ more power to the driver (more than double at rated power of the Hifonics) on a daily basis. Not many manufacturer's would do such a thing. So if that's what you want, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Is it possible to use that amplifier with those subwoofers without issue? Sure, it's possible. If nothing else use the gain and/or another subwoofer level control to keep power under control. Would I recommend applying full power from that amplifier to those subwoofers on a daily basis? No.

But based on your responses and your arguing with everyone who seems to think it's potentially hazardous, you are obviously dead set on doing it. So hook them up & cross your fingers.

If you apply more than recommended power to a subwoofer you are risking failure. Period. Your buddy's uncle's friend's third cousin might have powered them with more power without issue, but that doesn't inherently mean you're now "in the clear". The enclosure, musical content, listening habits, system settings, etc etc all play a part of the equation.

If Jacob wanted to recommend users apply 650w+ per driver on a regular basis, that's how he would have rated them. Instead he rated them @ 400w. So what does that tell you? I admittedly could very well be wrong, but I would be surprised if Jacob came in here & recommended you apply 50%+ more power to the driver (more than double at rated power of the Hifonics) on a daily basis. Not many manufacturer's would do such a thing. So if that's what you want, I wouldn't hold your breath.

Is it possible to use that amplifier with those subwoofers without issue? Sure, it's possible. If nothing else use the gain and/or another subwoofer level control to keep power under control. Would I recommend applying full power from that amplifier to those subwoofers on a daily basis? No.

But based on your responses and your arguing with everyone who seems to think it's potentially hazardous, you are obviously dead set on doing it. So hook them up & cross your fingers.

ho hummm

quick question do you put 35 watts on your mids and highs if that is rated, hey look rated 35 watts!! don't put anything over or you'll blow your speakers

example

Boston Acoustics SE65

SE Series 6-1/2" 2-way Speakers

• 6-1/2" SE Series 2-Way Car Speakers
  • Power Handling:
    • RMS: 70 watts per set / 35 watts each side

I'm tired of this thread

I wish i could lock this to only people that run E series to comment

Go ahead & put a 70w sinewave on them & see what happens.

I don't know why you're even worried about the responses to this thread. You are going to do it anyways, it's obvious from your posts. Quit bitching about the responses that you are receiving & go hook up your subwoofers. Problem solved.

Go ahead & put a 70w sinewave on them & see what happens.

I don't know why you're even worried about the responses to this thread. You are going to do it anyways, it's obvious from your posts. Quit bitching about the responses that you are receiving & go hook up your subwoofers. Problem solved.

YOU DON'T EVEN OWN AN E SERIES, i dont need your negative opinion of something you never experienced

Edited by naughtyca

I don't need to own an E series. I've got a fair bit of experience in "overpowering" though, I had something like 4x the rated power on my front speakers. Just because I did it, doesn't mean I go around recommending everyone run 4x recommended power to their speakers.

As I said previously, it's certainly possible it will work if you use the gain and subwoofer control intelligently. You are also risking damage by running an amplifier rated for 2x the power handling of the drivers. It's not rocket science.

I don't know why you're even still asking....every time someone says it might be a bad idea, you come up with a reason it's not. Fine, so go do it. It's not any more complicated than that, unless you want the warm fuzzy of someone recommending you apply 2x rated power to a subwoofer, which in reality means absolutely dick.

YOU DON'T EVEN OWN AN E SERIES, i dont need your negative opinion of something you never experienced

That's funny... I could of sworn...

Hello,

can i get opinion if this set up will work. I'll be running pair of the E-12D4 at 1ohm on BRZ 1700.1D. I know the BRZ will not output 1700 @ 1ohm probably close to 1300@1ohm.

It looks like you forgot to say that you only want opinions of people telling you its a good idea.

Everything that they are telling you isn't even speaker dependent. The truth of the matter is that you're asking a question and they are giving you an answer. They don't need to have owned an E series to know how easily you, or anyone else, could destroy them with that amp.

Still waiting for anybody who's running e series and may i know what amp you are running.

I'm running two 12" E series on a SAZ-10,000

Takes them all day. Begging for more power.

Lot of trolls here lately too ignorant to take peoples' advice. Don't ask a question if you are dead set on doing something stupid in the first place. Lets stop feeding them and let them run 1,000,000 watts to a 600 watt subwoofer.

I have to 2 E series 8"s sitting on the rear deck with 6,000 watts RMS and it so hard my girlfriend went into labor!

Im about to purchase a e12d2 and i got my buddy's old saz1000 to run with (temporary, i will run an amp around 400rms) ill let you know how that goes. Box is 2.0^3 tuned 32hz.