help me decide kicker solo x 12 or fi sp4 18

2005 jeep grand chrokee

i already have 2 rockford fosgate t2500 bdcp

aiming at SPL

daily

budget up to $1200

no experience with either one only 2 kicker l7 15s

space available 43 W 22.5 height 26.5depth

i have $1200 dollars but can't decide what to get i have a deal on two kicker solo x 12 for $950 or $1200 dollars for two fi sp4 18 help me decide please

Edited by CHRIS 323

Two different animals. You also gave us 0 information to work with to even attempt to help you.

slappa da basssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

what are your goals OP? Two very different animals

go with the sp4 you will be pleased

This can't really be a thread at all? Wow....

Fi over kicker everytime. If you have the money do it right sir.

i currently have 2 RF t2500 bdcp and im putting this on a 2005 jeep GC. ill say SPL the reason i brought up kicker solo x 12 because i can get 2 for $950 brand new

i currently have 2 RF t2500 bdcp and im putting this on a 2005 jeep GC. ill say SPL the reason i brought up kicker solo x 12 because i can get 2 for $950 brand new

That's entirely to high.

Please post a thought out thread first before clicking that post button. :Doh: But if I could afford the space, electirc/ everything else taht is involed, I would chose 2 18s over a single 12.

Please post a thought out thread first before clicking that post button. Doh.gif But if I could afford the space, electirc/ everything else taht is involed, I would chose 2 18s over a single 12.

well i can get deals on kinetik batteries and power wire

if you want spl and that's your budget

Night shade 18s, zcon 18s

Chris, come on. This is absurd. Read the threads in my sig. If you like being here then you'll start to absorb and follow them. ALL of them. Some noob guidelines will do wonders for you.

And if this was a serious thread, then woah nellie.

Chris, come on. This is absurd. Read the threads in my sig. If you like being here then you'll start to absorb and follow them. ALL of them. Some noob guidelines will do wonders for you.

And if this was a serious thread, then woah nellie.

damn thanks bro for the guideline i didn't know that

Of the 2. Sp4 18s for sure.

Out of your budget but 2 IA warden 18"s would be nasty.

Of the 2. Sp4 18s for sure.

Out of your budget but 2 IA warden 18"s would be nasty.

hell yea those subs are a beast lol i wish i had the money i could buy one right now but the other one maybe in few months thanks for the idea now im really considering them

Those subs are about as different as you can get. But if I had to choose, o would go with fi. Remember you can't buy recones for kickers.

Those subs are about as different as you can get. But if I had to choose, o would go with fi. Remember you can't buy recones for kickers.

kicker solo x yes you can buy recones and its easy to put no slicing or cutting with a sharp blade some screws hold it in place i believe      Warden-18 D2 – Incriminator Audio 18" or fi sp4 18 or btl n2 18 which one gets louder from those 3

Edited by CHRIS 323

kicker solo x yes you can Warden-18 D2 – Incriminator Audio 18" or fi sp4 18 or btl n2 18 which one gets louder from those 3

Wtf? Nobody can tell you which will be louder! Comes down to the install!

Do yourself a favor and read about loudspeaker parameters and understand their meaning. It will be beneficial to you.

Edited by 98GMC

If You Want "SPL", Concrete Your Cherokee, Build An Enclosure Tuned In The 45hz And Up Region, And Buy The Wardens. If You Want A Setup That Is Actually Feasible For Music, I.e. A "Daily" Setup, I'd Opt For The SP4's, As I Truly Believe Those Are The End-All-Be-All Of High Thermal Handling "Daily" Drivers. If Being Loud On A TermLab Or Other SPL Meter Is Your Goal, (Which By Definition, To Me, Is "SPL".) Don't Bother With Music. You Either Want Numeric Performance, Or Audible Performance. This Isn't Aimed Directly At You Either, I Think A Lot Of People Could Benefit From This Principle. And As 98GMC Said, There Are Infinite Variables That Will Determine What Is Louder Until You Try, Cabin Geometry Being Just One Of Many.

Two new recones from Fi will be about $250, since that matters to you...

Cabin geometry plays a big role . You're right BIGC.

I heared some setups in my car; and in another (smaller and different one) and all I can say is that it was soooo different ! It was hard to beleive.

My car was always the quieter one. :(