Sign in to follow this  
SMpaintball78

lantz's father son zcon box build

well yesterday, i was getting ready to drop off my designs and a sheet of birch wood to the local audio shop (does great custom work) and recieved a call from my dad asking if i was doing anything tonight. long story short, he said he would help build the box with me to save me money and time. so i said what the hell, might as well lol. here are a few pics and a short vid. of what it looks like so far.

P.S.

thanks again allen for the awesome design! and also a big thanks to derek at lowes for making all the cuts for me and saving me 2hrs!

IMG_20120424_134437.jpg

IMG_20120424_134445.jpg

IMG_20120423_201803.jpg

IMG_20120424_001445.jpg

IMG_20120424_013942.jpg

th_VID_20120424_035227.jpg

last image is a video of the box

Nice work man! 26hz is very low though.

I had an enclosure tuned to 26hz before and loved it, to each its on I guess.

Yeah do what makes you happy, you're the one listening to it not me. I just personally don't see the point of tuning THAT low in a car.

If you've never tuned that low your missing out!!!!! It's awesome

its very nice to have family help out

is it just me or in the 2nd to last pic it looks like the sides of the box are curved inward ? , maybe the camera is making it look that way ?

screws in the last pic looks a bit too close to each other but overall good job

I saw that too!! I've never had hone depot cut my stuff. Are they accurate?

:)

Yeah I noticed that too, I think it is just the camera playing tricks. As far as Home Depot's cuts it just depends on who is working at your local store. Some are great and some just don't care.

Yeah do what makes you happy, you're the one listening to it not me. I just personally don't see the point of tuning THAT low in a car.

Depending on your music taste and system goals I could see why.

Super low tuning is something you have to experience. Dropping into the high teens at full volume is fun as hell, especially when you don't have to explain to people how low it is. They just feel it and make crazy ass faces lol.

The best part is when you can feel it and see the car flexing in and out but you can hardly hear anything. Some people don't think that's important but I'd love my setup a lot less if I couldn't do that.

ANYWAY, sounds like a cool project. My dad just thinks I'm burning up my electrical system....suicide-santa.gif

The best part is when you can feel it and see the car flexing in and out but you can hardly hear anything. Some people don't think that's important but I'd love my setup a lot less if I couldn't do that.

Yeah this is not something that impresses ME. But as I said earlier do what makes YOU happy.

Yeah this is not something that impresses ME. But as I said earlier do what makes YOU happy.

Oh nah, I didn't mean it like "subsonics r bettar!" I was just saying that's why I like it. People ask why tune so low and that's my answer.

BTW, Sorry if I'm interpreting your post wrong, the internet sucks.

Yeah I noticed that too, I think it is just the camera playing tricks. As far as Home Depot's cuts it just depends on who is working at your local store. Some are great and some just don't care.

The side in that pics are actually bowing in. That's not the camera playing tricks lol. It was so bad I couldn't get the side panel in. But that was last night. I got up this morning and managed to get the side panel in. Just gotta cut the holes out for the subs and she's ready to go.

Oh nah, I didn't mean it like "subsonics r bettar!" I was just saying that's why I like it. People ask why tune so low and that's my answer.

BTW, Sorry if I'm interpreting your post wrong, the internet sucks.

Yeah sometimes it is hard to covey things through text. I do see your point I am just stating my thoughts no more no less. My buddy was tuned pretty low and it is trippy seeing everything move and not being able to hear anything.

The side in that pics are actually bowing in. That's not the camera playing tricks lol. It was so bad I couldn't get the side panel in. But that was last night. I got up this morning and managed to get the side panel in. Just gotta cut the holes out for the subs and she's ready to go.

Damn that's crazy, so i guess some of the cuts were off? It should be nice when you get it in and playing. Go get us some videos!

No every cut was was actually dead on lol. I think I made the mistake of putting in and screwing the Dow rod bracing which pulled that side in a little plus if u look in that pic., I had a clamp on where it was bowing so I think that played a big roll in the whole bowing factor b

Looks great! Could always make a new enclosure if that bow is a problem.

Hen I build my enclosures I tend to make the bracing like 1/16 bigger so there is outward tension. It makes it less likely to flex if it's already flexed out a little. Seems to work for me :)

Looks good man! Nice to have family join in on the fun!

^^ this is the guy who has the atomic 3k im trying to pick up and run @ .5ohm lol

( its stang65 from caco lol)

fits like a glove :) i am installing the subs tomorrow after work so ill get a video then for you guys.

IMG_20120424_233810.jpg

well got them in and.... this thing gets LOUD and LOWWWW

:) i cant help but to smile cuz this is the first box i have built that actually sounds damn good. it is currently raining now so im going to have to wait till tomorrow to get a video for you guys :/ but in the mean time, here are the pics.

IMG_20120425_190014.jpg

IMG_20120425_192728.jpg

i had a leak around the sub with the ckacked basket some how so i went to lowes and picked up a roll of gorilla tape and went around each sub. helped a ton lol

IMG_20120425_222300.jpg