Julian

Classifieds

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should we restore the old system or continue to use the new?

• Yes
    • No

This has been brought up previously but, I would like to see the old classifieds back. The new system was thought to be innovative and easy to use but after using it more than once it's become a pain in the ass.

I would love for the old system to go back to the old threaded system with different sub forums to divide them like so --

> Classifieds

< Amps

<Electrical

<Subwoofers

<Speakers

<Processors/SQ

<Misc

The last thread failed due to the fact of how it was worded and no new ideas were brought up, I would like to see the new system gone and the old back.

Please vote on the poll if you agree or not. Also please add suggestions to better the classifieds system..

Thank you, Julian.

Also, Please help by adding some constructive advice in terms of organizing/improving the old system.

I think the old system worked just fine. I agree the subsections could help keep it organized.

Not sure I agree on sub sections, then you might as well keep some semblance of the new. I like for sale threads that include all sorts of things. Perhaps you could have a tag system so you could tag the thread in subsystems, but don't make it too many.

h/u & proc

amp

speakers

sub

Not sure I agree on sub sections, then you might as well keep some semblance of the new. I like for sale threads that include all sorts of things. Perhaps you could have a tag system so you could tag the thread in subsystems, but don't make it too many.

h/u & proc

amp

speakers

sub

Agreed

Or it could be like the subsections we have now where the posts are, minus general audio.

Ampiliers & Electrical (don't remember off the top of my head)

Subs & Speakers

Fabrication & Sound Deadener (not sure who sells used deadener lol)

That way they won't be so empty til it gets busier.

PS, I don't understand how to answer the poll lol. Which is yes and Which is no?

Edited by An-i-no

yes for old system

No for new system

It was perfect and simple the way it was. Now it sucks in every way.

i have been to the FS section 1 time scene the change..i truly forget SSA even has a FS section.. out of site out of mind.... sucks.

i have been to the FS section 1 time scene the change..i truly forget SSA even has a FS section.. out of site out of mind.... sucks.

Same here. I always browsed the old classifieds.

It was perfect and simple the way it was. Now it sucks in every way.

you could say that again.

I agree, the old system was better. I would also add a thank you to Julian for creating a more thought out and appropiate thread. We should have better results this time. Though, Mark is very busy with the other 473837 sites he is currently trying to rebuild which I understand can be a daunting task. I would also like to add that I have seen the same 4 or 5 F/S post on the first page since it has been changed. I would like to know why this is? I have noticed when I go to page 2 and even page 3, there are brand new sales. I feel I shouldn't have to look for the new stuff, it should be sorted by date, that way for people who do search, can see the new things for sale, not by priority or how ever it may be set currently. Again, these are just my thoughts and I could be full of it, but just basing my opinions as asked by OP.

That's how I bought most of my stuff. Didn't really need some things, but something caught my eye. Now you have to search to find something and you can't find stuff people are listing or can't list because it doesn't work.

I guess no one else cares...

That's how I bought most of my stuff. Didn't really need some things, but something caught my eye. Now you have to search to find something and you can't find stuff people are listing or can't list because it doesn't work.

This is how I ended up buying most of my equipment too.

You see something and say "that'd be nice to have" or "damn I've been wanting one of those" and get in touch with the seller. That way you come across things you wouldn't buy normally and may not even think about buying. The way it is now kinda loses that "buying on a whim" feel that you get at flea markets if you know what I mean.