• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1. Recent Topics

• 17 comments
        • 393 comments
        • 2 comments
        • 5 comments
        • 6 comments
        • 1 comment
  • Similar Content

• By jcarter1885
      Deadener should be here Friday. I doubt I'll get any work done since there is a car show in town this weekend but I want to do something. I will mount DSP and try to get the ground side of the Big 3 done sometime this week.

• By Joshdashef
      Hello and welcome to my daily headaches! I'll start this build log off with my past setup, my current, and finally update throughout December as I work on probably the furthest this little Civic will let me go.
      My instagram: https://www.instagram.com/joshdashef1/

The Past Build:
      Head unit: Pioneer 80 PRS 
      Mono Amp: Rockford Fosgate Prime 750.1
      Subwoofers: Rockford Fosgate P3D4 12" (two)
      Kicker 4 gauge amp kit OFC
      Stock Electrical (alternator included)
      Did do the big three sometime between here and current build
      Prefab Box: Q-Power Box (Dual 12s)
      Tips: Tesa taping RCA's, Marking RCA's Low/Mid/High or similar, 

Big Three with loom. Wire was Sky High 1/0 OFC with some 1/2" loom I believe. Old military style terminals (DO NOT USE THESE) they cracked my battery eventually. 

• By Blackink
      Getting rid of all my car audio equipment. Prefer to sell the big subs and amps locally in southern California, but I'll ship. Up for grabs:
      P.S. Also giving away for free 50sq ft of RAAM BXT II sound deadener ($175), 15ft of KnuKonceptz 4 gauge ($15), 13ft of Trystar 1/0 gauge ($25) to buyers while supplies last.
      ***(2) BNIB SOUND SOLUTIONS AUDIO SSA ZCON 15" 2250 RMS D1*** These are top of the line daily driver/competition subs. Never been used or plugged in and in original packaging. $375 each shipped.

***(2) DC AUDIO LEVEL 4 XL 15" 2000 RMS D1*** Beastly sub with clear lows and clean sound, great as a daily beater. Ran for only a year on upgraded electrical- ho alt, 2 batts, big 3. $275 each shipped.

***AUDIOPIPE AP30001D SUPER VALUE CLASS D MONOBLOCK*** Used for a year on an upgraded electrical system with a 275 amp alt, 2 batts, and big 3 pushing a pair of DC Level 4 XL 15" subs. $190 shipped.

***ATOMIC AT-5000.1D MASSIVE POWER CLASS D MONOBLOCK*** Underrated and stable at 1 ohm and can be used at .5 for music. Will burp at .25 ohm and heard people burping from .135 ohm. Beastly amps. $575 shipped.

***JL AUDIO HD600/4 SEXY 4-CHANNEL*** Bought in very good condition  to use with an sq system that I never installed so they've been sitting around. $400 shipped.

• By Eclipse147
      Ok so I am not new to car audio but I am somewhat new to high power car audio and I have a question.
      Current setup:
      147db in an 06 eclipse
      3x optima yellow tops
      2x 1/0 along with a big three
      stock 110a alt,(soon to be 240a)
      Sundown zv.4 rev2 15" 1ohm  (2000 rms)
      ts3.5k (5k uncertified)
      5 cubicft box with dual 6" aero ports
      My question is this, I tuned my system with an oscilloscope, the voltage reached the max of my oscilloscope with ought any clipping that I could see, I do not remember the voltage but when multiplied by my clamp meter results I got around 1200 watts that sounded fine so I left it. The problem is that any time I play one of my slightly louder songs for more than maybe a minute I do get a very small and sudden smell of what I believe to be burning voice coil. when this happens it is not much louder than the song I used to tune the system and my car voltage is only dropped down to about 13.7. Even if I was clipping though, clipping at roughly 1500 watts shouldn't even happen with a system voltage of 13.7 let alone burn a voice coil of a sub that is known to be run on 3000+ right? I heard somebody once say that their sa-15 gets smelly when they play it but it just doesn't seem right.
      I just feel like I am missing something or maybe just don't have much experience with higher power CA.
  • Recent YouTube Posts