wcefai

Help choosing amp, hu and electricals

Hey guys, I'm brand new to the car audio world and am looking for a system that can pound as a daily driver. I've already decided to run 2 15" N2 BTL's but am unsure on what to power them and what alt/batts to back them up. I've read a lot of forums and the DC 3.5k amp looks good plus its 15% as a presale. I was thinking of having a 320a DC power alt with an XS D975 up front and a D3100 in back, all wired 1/0 with big three. Will my system run well? and if not, what can i do to make sure i supply enough power to amp and that the amp is a good fit? BTW, budget is in $2500-$3k range

Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, so what vehicle is this? How much space do you have? Thats a pretty good budget to work with, is that before the N2s or all together price range? I believe those are great drivers for daily, and on 3.5k should be a really nice combo. I don't believe you need to spend a grand on a 320 amp alt though, as well as not knowing when it would show up. I do beleive Ohio Generators may have a higher amp output if that is what your looking for. Other wise, a 270 from other brands such as mechman/singer will also suffice, especially for only 3.5k I would think. My opinion. Also, The battery pair you have mentioned I believe would be a great place to start. If you need more, you could always add more if you have the space available of course.

Well I've already built a box for a 2008 CRV (6.508ft^3 tuned to 33hz, subs up and port back) that will fit nicely behind the 2nd row. and price range is for the whole build. The alt from dc power is a replacement, only $530 but i have no idea if that's a fair price. But i also have no idea what hu to use. I keep hearing it's all personal preference but I don't know what's a good unit for the money. Because I'm more into the sound, I could care less about a flip out, touchscreen head unit. I just want one that is reliable, not super expensive, and fairly straightforward to hook up and use

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X996 will literally have every function you could want from a solid 300$ headunit, including built in HD radio, bluetooth and Pandora support for both Iphone/Android/BB