SPL_Man

I'm not seeing much IA builds here

As a almost daily visitor to this site i was just wondering how come in the majority of build logs i mainly see the other apparently more popular brands like ssa , sundown , dc audio , Fi & even recent newcomer skar with occasionally DD , AQ , AB , mmats threads scattered here & there but very few with IA subs\speakers\amps

i havent used all the brands but i do have some experience with IA subs & imho they are very well built , have huge output & sound great too , i guess they can probably stand toe to toe with all the other more famous guys so why isnt it as popular as the others or is it IA owners are simply not posting up their builds here ?

I'm.curious if the ssa store is selling enough of IA. I was looking at them.before I got the sweet deal on my Xcon. Then the damn black and blue sale came up when I was broke. :-(

It seems like other brands in the store have a price advantage over IA. You can get a ZCON for about the same price as at DP. Can the DP hang with a Zcon? Same thing goes for the DR vs Icon. Sure they have differant goals, but an almost $50 between the two might sway people the other way. I no way am I saying that IA doesn't perform, I have ran their gear before and its great. But the selling price/specs might sway people in other directions.

The price point is what makes them not well known. I've owned a 21 in death penalty...

Bish got loud

Edited by Dangrebel

Start one!

interesting

if price is a possible reason - lets compare a few examples of similar level subs

300wrms rating

10" : skar - $120 , SD E (rated 400wrms) - $105 , dcon - $115 , IA - $99

12" : skar - $130 , SD E (rated 400wrms) - $110 , dcon - $125 , IA $109

600wrms

12" - skar - $189 , SD SA - $195 , IA LI - $189

1500wrms

12" SD Zv3 -$425 , IA DP - $459

15" SD Zv3 - $440 , IA DP - $479

i didnt compare every model of each company just those that are similarly rated & as we can see IA price was lower or same except in the 1500wrms level , difference there being between $30-40

i think it probably has to do with poor advertising & marketing , lack of IA personel on this forum to help their customers out or even to promote their products when ppl ask for what subs they should go with etc , maybe their brick & mortar dealers do all of that efficiently but on here it seems very poor to me

not trying to create trouble or anything , i'm just saying what it looks like IMO mellow.png

Im surprised that the Lethal Injection isn't used more often either. Its right there at the same price point as the Gcon, SSD, SA, VVX...

Anyways, I was going to order a Gcon but when I saw that my box was less than the minimal required volume, I decided to go with a Lethal Injection instead. Maybe I'll start a build log on here.

It is true that they are on email like none other... I've yet to buy a product, but I really want to.. Each time I've asked questions about the item in question or just general knowledge, I've gotten responses within a few days. It's happened more than 5 times... I do appreciate that... When I start working again, I'm going to be looking at IA and Sundown but IA because I like the support I've gotten so far. (not commenting on Sundown as I've only had 1 email with them and it was a "we'll get back to you response" on something specific so I cannot hold them accountable for length of time)

i had thought that IA probably made the majority of their sales through brick & mortar shops but yes yall need some ppl here to support ur internet section too like how other brands are supporting their's

maybe yall ought to provide some incentive to dealers & those who buy it through shops to come online & post about it , give a few freebies like some stickers , t-shirts , key chains , posters & such which wouldnt cost the company much $ so u get alot more publicity

1 major turnoff for ppl i have talked to who have looked at IA on ur website or on here is lack of T\S specs since they are very skeptical of trying something that cannot even see specs for ...... yes i know IA says not to use t\s to plug into box programs since they did alot of real word testing & to use their recommendation or call\email for advice but afaik IA is the probably the only company that hides its t\s specs though i noticed that recently in the SSA store t\s for some models have been posted up

need to have some free box designs up too like how ssa has for their subs

There is usually a direct correlation between percentage of build logs posted and manufacturer involvement. Obviously depends on the point of purchase as well, B&M purchased don't ever tend to make it on the forums.

I saw a guy with a old crx at a competition I went to a couple weeks ago, and he had 2 12" wardens powered off some big (I think it was an american bass amp or sound digital) amp. Ive never seen IA before and his 2 subs hit a 157.8 on the TL, I was impressed, he was the loudest guy there. But his entire car came on in on a trailor and was stripped; it was designed for whatever note he played so daily probably wouldnt sound good. IA seems like a good brand, thats my input. I wonder if he has a build anywhere

I can understand where you are coming from. Like I said, I will do a better job at posting around here. As far as the t/s parameters go, if you need them to decide on a purchase, we will gladly provide you a general parameter set for that model. We don't publish them for the reason you have already mentioned. I appreciate the suggestions, and all comments are very welcome whether they are positive or negative. We encourage everyone to give us feedback, and thanks for helping us to grow stronger.

i had thought that IA probably made the majority of their sales through brick & mortar shops but yes yall need some ppl here to support ur internet section too like how other brands are supporting their's

maybe yall ought to provide some incentive to dealers & those who buy it through shops to come online & post about it , give a few freebies like some stickers , t-shirts , key chains , posters & such which wouldnt cost the company much $ so u get alot more publicity

1 major turnoff for ppl i have talked to who have looked at IA on ur website or on here is lack of TS specs since they are very skeptical of trying something that cannot even see specs for ...... yes i know IA says not to use ts to plug into box programs since they did alot of real word testing & to use their recommendation or callemail for advice but afaik IA is the probably the only company that hides its ts specs though i noticed that recently in the SSA store ts for some models have been posted up

need to have some free box designs up too like how ssa has for their subs

Wasn't a knock, just an observation.

Mach5 & SoundSplinter probably had the most build pics per purchase of any manufacturer I've ever seen on a forum. They also had a personal following from spending a lot of time on the board in general.

My observation may be wrong, but I sort of doubt it. People who feel a personal connection to their vendor are more likely to post pictures.

Another reason could be that usually when people ask about which subs to get the SSA subs are usually pushed harder by forum members. That along with making quality subs will lead to there being more ssa subs used which would lead to more ssa build logs.

x2

My reason is also because of the cost. In regards to upper model subwoofers and I'm not the type to spend 720$ on a published 1800 wats.

Another reason could be that usually when people ask about which subs to get the SSA subs are usually pushed harder by forum members. That along with making quality subs will lead to there being more ssa subs used which would lead to more ssa build logs.

Clearly this is part of it, but as it has been stated before I very rarely see any of the IA people on here. I don't think I ever go more than a few hours without seeing Aaron or Mark on here answering questions, or just actively posting. They (SSA) never "push" their product. They do have a lot of people on here who are happy with the experience and support they get from SSA who recommend them.

NEVER Fear I am working on a a build with 12 15" IA Li's. And another build with a single 18" warden.

NEVER Fear I am working on a a build with 12 15" IA Li's. And another build with a single 18" warden.

Awesome!

I would like to try the LI's for an SQ build.

If I had the money though. I'd be all over the warden. Which its price isn't bad compared to other high powered neo subs.

I ran across this and had to make a account haha i am having a build done as we speak with four 12" death rows and two 18 " death rows stay tuned ill gets pics asap

I ran across this and had to make a account haha i am having a build done as we speak with four 12" death rows and two 18 " death rows stay tuned ill gets pics asap

:WELCOME: to SSA looking forward to updates!

WELCOME.gif to SSA looking forward to updates!

Appreciate that im going to get some pictures up asap