HawkEye

Can I Use A Distribution Block For This?

Hey all I need to re wire my car and move my batts back and get them off my back seat so I can compete.So i was wondering instead of having to take all my wire that I ran out,Could I just use a distribution block as a means of extending my wire?Here is a pic of what I have currently and what Im talking about doing.

post-13979-0-75891000-1335676567_thumb.j

post-13979-0-33148500-1335676585_thumb.j

Sorry for crappy drawings lol.So if you understand what im talking about doing, will it work ?Thanks

Yea should be fine. It'll just add a little resistance to your wire

you can. Just make sure they're installed correctly

What is the correct way to install them?Also,Ill need a fused distribution block right?

No, you don't need a fused distro block. I would use distro blocks like the Kicker models, where you can use 1/0 gauge on both sides. You do however need a fuse on both ends of the positive runs as close to the batteries as possible. If you only do one side with the fuse, you could short the wire, blow the single fuse close to the battery and still be hot on the wire. If it continues to short, then you will probably end up with a crispy car.

No, you don't need a fused distro block. I would use distro blocks like the Kicker models, where you can use 1/0 gauge on both sides. You do however need a fuse on both ends of the positive runs as close to the batteries as possible. If you only do one side with the fuse, you could short the wire, blow the single fuse close to the battery and still be hot on the wire. If it continues to short, then you will probably end up with a crispy car.

Ok.Could some one give me a link to one that will work for me becasue Im kinda lost here.

Ok I found the kicker models that was mentioned above.My question is don't I need a distro block with 2 1/0 guage in and 2 1/0 guage out or how should I do it?

Ok now I just gotta find one lol.Thanks again.

where are your batteries grounded? didn't see it in the pic

They are grounded in my rear tire well.I just forgot to add that in the drawing lol sorry.

You're making this difficult. Put ring terminals on the ends, bolt them together, then wrap in spicing tape followed by electrical tape and you're good to go, or you could forgo the terminals and just use a split bolt.

You're making this difficult. Put ring terminals on the ends, bolt them together, then wrap in spicing tape followed by electrical tape and you're good to go, or you could forgo the terminals and just use a split bolt.

This, or use fuses like you should have back there anyway.

Ok cool I didn't even think of doing it that way.Thanks for telling me this will make it alot easier!!