Sign in to follow this  
Yowhobedat

Fi Q 12 qts help please ?!?!

I have a fi q 12. I didnt choose the high qts option because i had planned for a ported box, but ported is wayy to big for my little trunk lol

Would it matter if i put the sub, without the high qts, in a sealed box? If it matters, im going to put it in the smallest bOx possible.

I dont plan on running the sub to the max, just some extra bass for daily driving. Also, i hate rattling, so you can bet i wont run it any where near max output.

It will work, but is not optimal.

Depending on how high the Qts is on the "high Qts" driver, I'd suggest it's quite possible the "normal" Qts driver that you have is the better option if your plan is to stuff it into the smallest possible enclosure. It will help keep Qtc comparatively lower, which will improve transient response. You'll lose a little output compared to the high Qts option, but if your goal is to maintain a small enclosure I'd gladly trade off a little output for much better transient performance.

Thanks. I can finally build my sealed enclosure without having to worry about any problems.

Thanks for the help !

Also, nick, when you say its not optimal, what do you mean? Would it affect its performance if im not running it near max?

He means it will not perform to its fullest. Will not get the loudest.

Sign in to follow this