Sign in to follow this  
4Q15D1

Crescendo Audio BC3500D and C1100.4

Hello, im thinking of getting some new amps for my system, I am really interested in these Crescendo amps, for the price dont seem too bad.

I was wondering how the sound quality is on these?

My subwoofers are FI q 15, two of them in a sealed box.

My mid range speakers are diamond audio hex 6 inch

tweeters are Dayton audio R528F-4, 4 ohm silk

Alpine cda-117 and pxa-h100, going 2 way active front stage

my amps i have right now are 2 ppi pc2600.2 for the front stage and a crunch gp3000.1 pro amp for the subwoofers, i have had the ppi amps for 12 years, realy like them, very clean sounding amps, i was wondering if the crescendo C1100.4 would sound just as good as the ppi?

i had the crunch amp on my FI Qs and didnt really like the sound too much, maybe it was just the way i had them set up, with 2 subs facing up and 2 subs facing back?

the bc3500d looks like a good amp, has anyone used those crunch gp3000 pro amps and the crescendo bc3500d?

i had the crunch amp hooked up to 4 Treo tsx 12 inch subs and loved the sound of those more than the FI Qs, i would like to give those Qs another chance maybe using a different amp, i was wondering on the sound quality of the BC3500d on sealed subs, how well they control the subs, tight bass is what i like, i listen to alot of different music so an all around good sounding amp is what im looking for. thanks Brian

Hello, im thinking of getting some new amps for my system, I am really interested in these Crescendo amps, for the price dont seem too bad. I was wondering how the sound quality is on these? My subwoofers are FI q 15, two of them in a sealed box. My mid range speakers are diamond audio hex 6 inch tweeters are Dayton audio R528F-4, 4 ohm silk Alpine cda-117 and pxa-h100, going 2 way active front stage my amps i have right now are 2 ppi pc2600.2 for the front stage and a crunch gp3000.1 pro amp for the subwoofers, i have had the ppi amps for 12 years, realy like them, very clean sounding amps, i was wondering if the crescendo C1100.4 would sound just as good as the ppi? i had the crunch amp on my FI Qs and didnt really like the sound too much, maybe it was just the way i had them set up, with 2 subs facing up and 2 subs facing back? the bc3500d looks like a good amp, has anyone used those crunch gp3000 pro amps and the crescendo bc3500d? i had the crunch amp hooked up to 4 Treo tsx 12 inch subs and loved the sound of those more than the FI Qs, i would like to give those Qs another chance maybe using a different amp, i was wondering on the sound quality of the BC3500d on sealed subs, how well they control the subs, tight bass is what i like, i listen to alot of different music so an all around good sounding amp is what im looking for. thanks Brian

What is the spec of your enclosure? I have a BC3500d but I don't think you'd get some noticeable difference in sound quality.. Also, what coil config are the subs???

the box will be 2.6 cubes for each subwoofer, the subs are dual 1 ohm. thanks brian

So you're running them 1 ohm? So you figure after displacement should be about 2.4 cubes each... Ok... What is it you don't like about the GP? Someone on here(Lance the great) ran them and LOVED them... and only recently got rid of them since his vehicle changed

You will more than likely not notice any difference between the crunch and the crescendo. "If it aint broke, don't fix it"

Maybe your problem is coming from your box ? Too small ?

I did not understand : you have 2 subs, or 2 firing up AND 2 firing forward.

I hope you don't run them in the second config ! All subs should fire in the same direction.

Work on the box, and on box placement.

Changing amps won't do no good for you. It will just be a waste of money.

Good luck.

Thanks for the replies, sorry i didnt make it clear that i used to have 4 FI Q 15s in a ptcruiser, sealed box with 2 facing up and 2 facing back, thats probably why it didnt sound so good???, next time ill make sure to have all the subs facing the same direction. I also had 2 crunch gp3000,1 on the four subs.

Nothing wrong with the crunch amp, just wanted to try something else, i'll just keep that for now, nothing wrong with the ppi amps either i just had them for 12 years now, now i want something different like a nice high powered 4 channel like the c1100.4 , i'll sell the ppi amps and then buy the crescendo c1100.4 if i have to throw in a few dollars that will be ok.

thanks Shogen i forgot about speaker displacement, so i'll add that on to the size of the box.

Those that have listened or owned the c1100.4 amps what are your thoughts on those?

well thanks for the replies everyone, Brian