Sign in to follow this  
lib

btl 18 inch dual 1 or dual 2???? so confused on ohms

ive spent about 4 hours trying to figure out how ohms work. i feel like im the only one that gets confused on this subject. apparently is simple. someone help. im going to get a btl 18 inch but im not sure if i need to get a dual 1 or dual 2. i want to run a Hifonics amp thats at least 2000w. but if someone could tell me what the ohms have to be on the amp for me to get. or if someone could suggest a Hifonics amp for me. that would be greatly appreciated.

on another subject...... what are some decent quality speakers that go with this? (6.5 inch speakers) or just tell me some good companies to buy from

That amp does power at 1ohm most likely (depends on the model)

You would need a dual 2ohm coil wired in parallel to 1ohm.

No Longer Work At Fi? Dafuq, Nick?

This Is What Happens When You Sporadically And Intermittently Leave And Re-enter The CA Realm, Current Events = Y U Not Know? =/

i got it down to two, either this one

http://www.amazon.com/Hifonics-ZRX2000-1D-Car-Amplifier/dp/B0071630A8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336013562&sr=8-1

or

this one

http://www.amazon.com/Hifonics-Hfi2000d-Watt-Block-Amplifier/dp/B003PSAQXA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

i really dont know what the big difference between them? and thier about the same price?

also what does a capacitor do? i see some people with them. does it just regulate the flow of electricity?

This Is What Happens When You Sporadically And Intermittently Leave And Re-enter The CA Realm, Current Events = Y U Not Know? =/

Nope..i'm done :)

1_2ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

Option 2 (series) = 4 ohm load

You want one ohm with that amp

1_2ohm_dvc_4ohm.gif

Nope..i'm done smile.png

Good to see that you still hang around.

^^^ That.

Whatever Your New Venture Is, I Hope All Goes Well For You.

Sign in to follow this