4Q15D1

looking for 8 inch midbass speakers

Hello everyoneeek5wavey.gif i'm looking to get some 8 inch midbass speakers for my doors, something that plays between 80hz and 1600hz, something that has alot of midbass and that sound good, i have aset of diamond audio hex 6 inch speakers right now, love the way they sound but they bottom out when putting too much power to them.

i will be fiberglassing the bottom part of the doors to make the 8 inch mids fit.

I'm looking for some mids that will handle some good power around 185 watts rms, P.A speakers are ok too.

My car is a 1996 honda civic 2 door hatchback.

well thanks for the replies............................. Brian

What do you plan to pair these with? 2 way set up? Do you have your doors sealed up, or plan to have the pods sealed?

what processing do you have avaible?

You can get away with some good 6.5's in your doors with proper door treatment and have more midbass than you know what to do with.

More often than not it's the install that determines the outcome and not the equipment, so if you can treat the doors proper you'll be rewarded for it.

How are they currently installed? In the door panels? Any sound deadening? If they are mounted on the sheet metal, you could try covering up any large holes/voids to reduce cancellation. This would improve midbass.

thanks for the replies, i have an alpine cda-117 and pxa-h100,

dayton audio rs28f-4 1-1/8'' silk dome tweeter, fr range 16k to 20k hz also its 4 ohms

this will be a 2 way active setup

right now the doors have no sound deadening, but i will be doing that shortly, i had those hex mids in a sealed pod before in an old car i had , could handle more power that way but still didnt have the midbass i was looking for, right now they are just screwed to the factory spot on the door panels until i get some 8 inch mids, just looking for something to keep up better with 2 15 inch FI Qs, to be louder but still sound good,

i am going to try the 8 inch mids sealed in their own pods,

thanks for the replies ........................ Brian

Edited by brianj