Angelboy863

recommendations on a line-out converter?

Hey guys, my friend asked me if i can install his first aftermarket car audio system. It consists of a 12" jl audio w3v2 single 4ohms in a ported box about 1.75cubicft tuned 35hz. Powering it is a quantum audio 2000w monoblock @ 4ohms. Car is a 2010 chevy cruze. He doesnt want to upgrade his headunit, so the only option is a line out converter. Im not too familiar with these and wanted to know if anyone here has had experience and can refer me to a good one? There are so many out there and i really dont want to mess this up for my buddy.i see the ones on sonicelectronix.com. im thinkin about picking one of those but before i do, there might be one thats on another site? Thanks everyone, greatly appreciate it.

This

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-AA-GM44-Amplifier-Integration-Interface/dp/B004M4WHHE

direct plug and play, gives you rca ends to hook up an amp. its about $50 and no cutting needed if he isn't amped. i just bought one for mine and it works fine

This

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B004M4WHHE

direct plug and play, gives you rca ends to hook up an amp. its about $50 and no cutting needed if he isn't amped. i just bought one for mine and it works fine

are you quite sure this will fit on a 2010 chevy cruze? it doesnt say it in the description, and i really do not want to have to return this if it isnt right, but thank you for the link.

This

are you quite sure this will fit on a 2010 chevy cruze? it doesnt say it in the description, and i really do not want to have to return this if it isnt right, but thank you for the link.

Look at his sig

Bargain route = PAC

More functions = LC2i

Some people complain about drop off when you turn the volume up while using a cheap LOC. This means the volume level on your sub will not be gaining as much as the volume level on the speakers when you turn up the volume. I've never experienced this though because I just went strait for the LC2i. I've heard PAC does pretty good with there LOC though.

This

Look at his sig

was making sure that the 2010 and 2012 are the same. i believe they are now. thanks.

Bargain route = PAC

More functions = LC2i

Some people complain about drop off when you turn the volume up while using a cheap LOC. This means the volume level on your sub will not be gaining as much as the volume level on the speakers when you turn up the volume. I've never experienced this though because I just went strait for the LC2i. I've heard PAC does pretty good with there LOC though.

i understand, ive told him this but he said no the lc2i is too much so we'll go with the PAC and if he isnt truly satisfied he will save up for a nice double din. but the thing is his dad doesnt want him to change the headunit considering its basically new, but his dad also doesnt understand that with an aftermarket system he should have a aftermarket radio. thanks man

i understand, ive told him this but he said no the lc2i is too much so we'll go with the PAC and if he isnt truly satisfied he will save up for a nice double din. but the thing is his dad doesnt want him to change the headunit considering its basically new, but his dad also doesnt understand that with an aftermarket system he should have a aftermarket radio. thanks man

Aftermarket radis are not made forthe Cruz yet I dont think. The face and actual radio are 2 totally separate modules. The actual radio sits below and behind the face or center stack as we call it at the dealer

Ha, never mind. I just went to crutch field and they have made a new faceplate.

um any advice on how to install the PAC? im going to be helping him install everything tomorrow. im on youtube as we speak watching some tutorials on LOC's but not the one we're using specifically. thanks.

um any advice on how to install the PAC? im going to be helping him install everything tomorrow. im on youtube as we speak watching some tutorials on LOC's but not the one we're using specifically. thanks.

Should be plug and play pretty much. One side connects to the output from the radio, flip a switch for rca, and other side on loc has rca outputs.

Radio - LOC - RCA wires to amp.

It should also come with some instructions, should be straight forward if you haven't looked at it in hand yet. :)

Should be plug and play pretty much. One side connects to the output from the radio, flip a switch for rca, and other side on loc has rca outputs.

Radio - LOC - RCA wires to amp.

It should also come with some instructions, should be straight forward if you haven't looked at it in hand yet. smile.png

thank you! yeah i havent looked at it in hand yet, i want to be prepared so this install can run smoothly. I will let you guys know how this will turn out tomorrow or the weekend. thank you.

Here's an update, couldnt install the system yet. The box for the 12" sub had a cutout diameter of 10". :o so pretty much waiting on a friend who has the tools to make a bigger hole because I don't have the tools. And all weekend my buddy had lacrosse functions do I couldn't hook up the wiring. Hopefully this week I can get that hole cut bigger and finally install this system.

One thing I did notice is that his front stage sounds very quiet. Is that because of the stock radio? It wasn't till volume 35 that the music was "okay" loud. And even then that's way too high of a volume on the radio. Eh, hopefully we can get a nice double din in later lol.

Updating this; installed the PAC today and it wasn't as easy as we hoped but after about 6 hours we were able to wire it correctly and run his wires lol. He somehow cracked the JL sub surround so we are planning on getting him something else. Any recommendations? I'm thinking sundown e12 or even a dcon. Box is 1.75cubicft tuned 36hz. and quantum audio amp is actually a 1500D. It's actually very nice and clean looking. It's the beta series. I suppose sub could be dual 2. Amp does 750w @ 4 ohms "supposedly".

I'm going with the LC2i to correct for the bass roll-off at high volumes - but I also have the new fender audio system which is surprisingly really nice

Updating this; installed the PAC today and it wasn't as easy as we hoped but after about 6 hours we were able to wire it correctly and run his wires lol. He somehow cracked the JL sub surround so we are planning on getting him something else. Any recommendations? I'm thinking sundown e12 or even a dcon. Box is 1.75cubicft tuned 36hz. and quantum audio amp is actually a 1500D. It's actually very nice and clean looking. It's the beta series. I suppose sub could be dual 2. Amp does 750w @ 4 ohms "supposedly".

Thats alot of amp for a dcon or E12. I would go with a gcon.

Thats alot of amp for a dcon or E12. I would go with a gcon.

Yeah, I just thought about that. But I'm not even sure if that's 750w peak or rms.

Yeah, we got everything installed, and sure enough, there was bass drop off at higher volumes. We were all confused and figured it was the PAC or did I do something wrong? Im honestly not sure if i hooked it up correctly but whatever i did, it has the sub bumping. Radio max volume is like 45 so we adjusted his max volume to be 30, but while tuning it the sub was just flexing in and out like free air and it "sounds" like theres a loss of signal. So we kept trying to adjust so we can hear the bass the way we are supposed to and had max listening volume at 18 because when we go to 19 the bass starts to fade. Our conclusion is to get an aftermarket head unit. Is that a possibility? I input the 2011 Chevy cruze on sonic electronix and they only show me oem replacement head units. We talked and we're planning on getting a single din with flip out, if we can. I know earlier I said it was a 2010 cruze sorry I was mistaken his car is a 2011 Chevy cruze. The dash kit on crutchfield, how do I know which radios will fit? It just says single din or double din, so I assume that would be any aftermarket radio correct?

From the looks of it I would say that would be a double din kit.. Plus it's a 2011 cruze, a single din would take away from the car, a double din would seem more like something that should be in the car.. I would not recommend and sort of line converter for a system, even though they do work they always end up being more of a headache than they are worth.. Good luck though!

Most new factory headunits begin to roll-off the lower frequencies as you increase volume. This why LOCs like the Audio Control LC2i have EQ that counter this...

I have just never had good luck with PACs in the past...-