Sign in to follow this  
jokers10

E10 Sealed

Before I recommend this build to someone, I want to be sure it would sound ok. I have an associate that has a late 70s Vette. Baddass little car. The previous owner installed a flip screen Pioneer deck, and updated the speakers. He says it sounds ok, and gets loud but lacks the lower end like most installs that don't include subwoofers. What he wants is just to include the low end that the upgraded speakers lack, while retaining as much room as possible due to the tiny cabin this car has.

My initial recommendation would be to go with the Sundown E10D4 in a sealed enclosure being powered by the Alpine MRP-M500. My enclosure would be a simple cube with internal volume measuring .52 cubic feet including speaker displacement.

Does my assessment of his situation match my suggested application of equipment? (Do you think this will meet his expectations?)

Is there any issue with running the E10 in a sealed enclosure, like the non-recommendation of the SA-8 in a sealed enclosure?

Before I recommend this build to someone, I want to be sure it would sound ok. I have an associate that has a late 70s Vette. Baddass little car. The previous owner installed a flip screen Pioneer deck, and updated the speakers. He says it sounds ok, and gets loud but lacks the lower end like most installs that don't include subwoofers. What he wants is just to include the low end that the upgraded speakers lack, while retaining as much room as possible due to the tiny cabin this car has.

My initial recommendation would be to go with the Sundown E10D4 in a sealed enclosure being powered by the Alpine MRP-M500. My enclosure would be a simple cube with internal volume measuring .52 cubic feet including speaker displacement.

Does my assessment of his situation match my suggested application of equipment? (Do you think this will meet his expectations?)

Is there any issue with running the E10 in a sealed enclosure, like the non-recommendation of the SA-8 in a sealed enclosure?

It depends on what his expectations are. I installed a cheap system for a family member and it sounded fine but wasn't enough for me. I kept trying to find ways to make it louder lol.

I know a sealed 10" wouldn't satisfy me, but how much would it take to satisfy him?

I would probably go with an SD-2 10 for this application. The shallow mounting depth could be beneficial in keeping a low profile enclosure somewhat hidden. Keep in mind that the SD-2 does not have a pole vent so the box can literally be big enough just to enclose the driver (no clearance is need from the bottom of the magnet to the enclosure wall). I would experiment with a little poly fill too. Might even be able to fit this enclosure under a seat.

Edited by edouble101

Sign in to follow this