Sign in to follow this  
lud6328

Leviathan question

There doesn't seen to be any markings (to show the version) on leviathan amps.Can anybody tell me how I could verify a used leviathan is version 1,2 or 3? Thank you

Edited by lud6328

V1 and V2 will look alike, only way I can think of telling them apart is getting the serial number and emailing Zed to figure it out. V3's have a different board design and are easily told apart from the other two versions.

V1 and V2 look like this.

leviathan_2__36126_zoom.png

V3 look like this.

leviathan-III_2.jpg

Bromo you wouldn't happen to know the power differences would you by any chance? I have the v3 but was curious if there was any performance difference from pre-models.

OP, I LOVE the L3! :D its amazing, and as stated, the boards are a quick way to tell the difference between L1&2 vs L3

V1 and V2 were rated at 150 X 6 and the V3 is rated at 190 X 6, not to much to tell a difference. I kinda want to get a V3 but that means I have to try and get rid of the one I have now unless I keep it.

V1 and V2 were rated at 150 X 6 and the V3 is rated at 190 X 6, not to much to tell a difference. I kinda want to get a V3 but that means I have to try and get rid of the one I have now unless I keep it.

Wow really! That would be 4ohm ratings correct? So I'm assuming 380 x 6 @ 2ohms :o

I'm really impressed with them. Even though the equipment that is installed in atm is no SQ quality, but I can definitely tell a difference haha. It no longer uses burr-brown tech, something newer, can't remember the name, would have to look at the manual again. I can hear elements of each instrument unlike I've ever heard before, its amazing.

Yes, 4 ohm rating, manual says 330 x 6 for 2 ohm but your not going to notice the 50w difference. I know I love mine and one will be with me for quite awhile.

Yes, 4 ohm rating, manual says 330 x 6 for 2 ohm but your not going to notice the 50w difference. I know I love mine and one will be with me for quite awhile.

haha nice. I :wub: mines as well sir :)

Thanks for the reply.Seems strange there is no way to tell between 1 and 2.Maybe they wanted it that way?

Thanks for the reply.Seems strange there is no way to tell between 1 and 2.Maybe they wanted it that way?

Might not be a significant enough change to be noticeable...Whereas the v3 is more of a "complete redesign" y'know?

Kinda like with car manufacturers where '09 to '10 is almost identical but the '11 is a new model?

They have the manuals that contain info about these amps that should help you distinguish version 1 from version 2. Go to zedaudiocorp.com and find there archive manuls/discontinued manuals.

I called Zed's and asked them.I should have thought of this.The crossover go down to 80hz version 1 and 55hz version 2. So if you look at the bottom row of crossovers,if they go down to 80 its v1. 55 v2..

I called Zed's and asked them.I should have thought of this.The crossover go down to 80hz version 1 and 55hz version 2. So if you look at the bottom row of crossovers,if they go down to 80 its v1. 55 v2..

Nice, good to know.