Sign in to follow this  
d luv

Completely Lost is all that comes to mind!!!

I have a 1999 Buick Park Avenue and am getting ready to purchase the things that I am still missing in my setup. My main concern is my Audiobahn 2300hct powering my 2 12" JL W7's at 1ohm. I have a yellow top for the trunk and a capacitor as well, here is where I'm lost as I've never used an extra battery or a cap before. The AB has 4x40 fuses, and I also plan to buy a 4 channel amp that does 75x4 rms {not sure on model yet}. My first question is how many fuses should I run throughout setup? Currently I have a 200amp ANL fuse, should I run this 18" from the battery {front duralast, or trunk yellow top}, or should I run a 200amp ANL at each battery?

I Also plan on purchasing a distribution block, should this be fused? If so how big of a fuse for the AB output, how big for the 4 channel output? Should the capacitor be fused also? Should I upgrade the big 3 to 1/0 gauged as well? The wire I am looking to buy is http://www.wireandsupply.com/product_p/sgx-1-fslash-0-fslash-01.htm , will this do or should I step up to http://www.wireandsupply.com/product_p/sgx-2-fslash-0-fslash-01.htm ? I am sorry for the lengthy post but I am really confused, even more confused than you after reading this frantic post. Thanks again for the help everyone.

Purchase List

High output Alt- Is 200amp enough or should I go bigger?

Power/Ground Wire

Fuses

Wire Connectors

Distribution Block

Get rid of the capacitor. Its basically useless and will just cause more confusion.

I have a 1999 Buick Park Avenue and am getting ready to purchase the things that I am still missing in my setup. My main concern is my Audiobahn 2300hct powering my 2 12" JL W7's at 1ohm. I have a yellow top for the trunk and a capacitor as well, here is where I'm lost as I've never used an extra battery or a cap before. The AB has 4x40 fuses, and I also plan to buy a 4 channel amp that does 75x4 rms {not sure on model yet}. My first question is how many fuses should I run throughout setup? Currently I have a 200amp ANL fuse, should I run this 18" from the battery {front duralast, or trunk yellow top}, or should I run a 200amp ANL at each battery?

I Also plan on purchasing a distribution block, should this be fused? If so how big of a fuse for the AB output, how big for the 4 channel output? Should the capacitor be fused also? Should I upgrade the big 3 to 1/0 gauged as well? The wire I am looking to buy is http://www.wireandsu...0-fslash-01.htm , will this do or should I step up to http://www.wireandsu...0-fslash-01.htm ? I am sorry for the lengthy post but I am really confused, even more confused than you after reading this frantic post. Thanks again for the help everyone.

Purchase List

High output Alt- Is 200amp enough or should I go bigger?

Power/Ground Wire

Fuses

Wire Connectors

Distribution Block

Hello and :WELCOME: Here are MY answers for the questions you have asked and are IMO.

• My first question is how many fuses should I run throughout setup? No fuse from batt to batt, you can if you'd like for extra safety, Also, if not already, I would recommend matching batteries. You will then want to fuse from batt to amp(s). If you are going to use a D-block, you want to fuse both leads from DB that Distrubute to the amp(s). So that will be 3 fuses in my setup.
  • should I run this 18" from the battery {front duralast, or trunk yellow top}, or should I run a 200amp ANL at each battery? answered above
  • distribution block, should this be fused? Answered above
  • If so how big of a fuse for the AB output, how big for the 4 channel output? Check for manufactures specs
  • Should the capacitor be fused also? Remove Cap
  • Should I upgrade the big 3 to 1/0 gauged as well? yes
  • The wire I am looking to buy is http://www.wireandsu...0-fslash-01.htm , will this do or should I step up to http://www.wireandsu...0-fslash-01.htm ? I would recommend visiting weldingsupply.com, if your on a budget, I would ebay any 0gauge wire kit.
  • High output Alt- Is 200amp enough or should I go bigger? For your equipment, yes, if you are going to upgrade your system in the future, I would recommend buying the most of what you can afford. Take a look at mechman/dc-alt(not a fan)/singer alternator/ohio generators
    Power/Ground Wire weldingsupply.com (search "cable")
    Fuses I have always like the fuses that come with AudioPipe equipment
    Wire Connectors Take a few looks at this thread
    Distribution Block Darvex.com has some nice ones

Hopes that helps man. LMK if you have any other questions

Senchez kicked my ass with that post. Way to make me look lazy. :D

Senchez kicked my ass with that post. Way to make me look lazy. biggrin.png

:lol::wub: !!

2 12" JL W7's at 1ohm.

1.5 ohm, they are 3ohm coils

Haven't heard from you since your first post, was just making sure I was clear, or was there any update on your scenerio.

2 12" JL W7's at 1ohm.

1.5 ohm, they are 3ohm coils

and that amp will not run them subs good at all u need at least 2k at 2ohm BTW and then u will more than likely need to up ur electrical again

Haven't heard from you since your first post, was just making sure I was clear, or was there any update on your scenerio.

No you were very clear and helpful TY. I am currently in the process of ordering a 250amp alt from Singer, then im ready to install. I know the Audiobahn is not perfect for the W7's, but it will have to do until I get some extra cash. Im hoping to get atleast 1600rms at 1.5ohm but im just hoping. Everyone trashes it, but I heard it on 3 12" JLw6V2's and it pounded and sounded good so who knows? I just got it cause it was only used for a week or two and I couldnt pass it up for the price. You guys have all helped alot with your input.